who wants to know?
lalalala
tongue.png

chickenguysmom

Songster
10 Years
Apr 3, 2009
Madison County, Alabama
This is just my experience and it may not work out the same for you.

I had some that were just 3 weeks apart and although they never roosted together they seemed not to bother each other while free-ranging. In fact the 6 week olds were sometimes too jumpy for the 9 week olds who had begun to mellow out from their wild days as toddlers. Every once and a while a young roo (6 weeks) would challenge the 9 week old roo and the older guy would peck the younger one and the lesson was learned. It didn't happen too much after that.

I must let you know that the 9 weeks were larger breeds and the 6 week olds were bantams and I have a small flock (2 adults, 2 nine-weekers and 15 six-weeker bantams). Plus this happened while they could free-range and the babies could escape by running away.

If your situation is like mine then I would watch to see how they do. If you are talking about a small enclosed pen then make sure the babies will have somewhere to run and hide. Either way it doesn't hurt to try. You could watch for a bit and if it starts looking ugly -- separate them again.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom