Come hatch along with us!!! Last sets of the year! 10-18 to 11-7

Klondike, oh no! Sometimes the hen just 'knows' if something's not right and boots a chick out of he nest. On the brighter side, I've had chicks recover that we're so cold they were a bit stiff! and, if she is a first time Mom, it may have been accidental that your lil guy was pushed out.

No power here now. Generator is humming away. Wind is Screaming outside my window. DH says the worst is yet to come, peaks at 1am.
Praying that all is well with you and your flock through this storm..

Hey great news. After I put him/her under pumpkin, I checked an hour later and I saw it ALIVE!!!! ANYWAY NOW IM HAPPY AGAIN. I GUESS IT WAS ACCEDENTAL SINCE SHE IS ONLY 8 MONTHS AND THIS IS HER FIRST TIME, BUT ITS ALIVE! HOW LONG BEFOR ITS FLUFFY?????

Oh My God. im so confused. Is it dead now? I thought it was sleeping but this morning I thought it would be alive, but I saw in the same position again. Is it still sleeping or how did it die last night???

Kaylee
Isnt moving the pits?.Never can find the one thing you need ....but you will when you dont need it any more. HAHA

yes hopfully we will find it at least by spring! i was hoping to get some hatched now, so by spring they would be old enough to go outside with the big girls.

Oh My God. im so confused. Is it dead now? I thought it was sleeping but this morning I thought it would be alive, but I saw in the same position again. Is it still sleeping or how did it die last night???
Do you have a heat lamp? If she won't keep it under her you could always just put it in a brooder. But there may be something wrong with it, though sometimes they have issues when they first hatch, but then get better over the next few days. There is something called stargazing, I think it's caused by fluid in the inner ear and it causes them to not have much balance and they will have issues sitting up straight, but it usually goes away after a few days.

Back
Top Bottom