Come On AC we want some eggs!

Caught her sitting in the nest box today, but when she got up she hadn't laid an egg. So hoping she's healthy and not having internal problems now that she's starting to lay.

Starting to get concerned about her. She laid her 1st egg four days ago. Her 2nd egg was they next day and it had a blood smear. Now for the past 3 days I've seen her get into the nestbox, stay there for awhile then get out of the box without leaving an egg.

Could she be egg bound? I'm so worried about her.

O man I don't know what to say. Is she acting normally, not moping about between the stints in the nest? She is a new layer and may take a little while to get up to speed. That is if you know what her speed will be. After all two eggs in a year, it might be a while for the next one.

Yeah! AC laid her 3rd egg today! It is perfect. She's doing fine and seems to have not suffered any ill effects from the blood on the previous egg. It was almost as big as the White Leghorn's egg.

Here it is on the right, the WL egg on the left.

After waiting so long for AC to start laying she has started a pattern of laying and I've gotten eggs three days in a row. I wonder if she will break the record of eggs in a row set by my white leghorn? I'll have to look it up to confirm, but I believe it was 46 days nonstop.

Oh my gosh! I totally missed this :)

I'm SO happy for you and AC!!!! I'm so glad she finally started laying for you. Tell her congradulations from me and my chickens!! A little bit of blood on the egg is normal at first.

See? It works every time. Just after you have completally given up hope, she lays. Even if it's after a thumpin' 55 weeks
wink.png

highfive.gif

Last edited:
Oh my gosh! I totally missed this :)

I'm SO happy for you and AC!!!! I'm so glad she finally started laying for you. Tell her congradulations from me and my chickens!! A little bit of blood on the egg is normal at first.

See? It works every time. Just after you have completally given up hope, she lays. Even if it's after a thumpin' 55 weeks ;)

:highfive:

You were right. I guess a "watched pot never boils" is true and a watched pullet takes her own sweet time to lay! I'm so glad I didn't cull her back at 22 weeks or even at 52 weeks. She just needed some extra time. Hoping she lasts this way for many years.

Back
Top Bottom