...Come on girls

Mine were around 22 weeks before they started laying. One of them just started a week ago-at 26 weeks - she's the one that had been squatting for a full month. She sings the oddest egg song too.. more like a screaming squawk that sounds totally offkey. You'll probably notice most of your birds will lay for 2 or 3 days, then skip a day or four, then start up again. I've got one who has laid 8 out of 9 days since day one, but the rest have been erratic and I expect they will be for some time yet. So don't be surprised if you get several eggs a day followed by none or just a couple eggs. Personally, I suspect a Chicken Conspiracy!

Mine were around 22 weeks before they started laying. One of them just started a week ago-at 26 weeks - she's the one that had been squatting for a full month. She sings the oddest egg song too.. more like a screaming squawk that sounds totally offkey. You'll probably notice most of your birds will lay for 2 or 3 days, then skip a day or four, then start up again. I've got one who has laid 8 out of 9 days since day one, but the rest have been erratic and I expect they will be for some time yet. So don't be surprised if you get several eggs a day followed by none or just a couple eggs. Personally, I suspect a Chicken Conspiracy!

I have been suspecting a Chicken Rebellion for some time now......viva la resistance LOL

Update:
We processed 11 roos yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon we started integrating our 13 week flock in with our 22 week flock. All went well. The little ones still went into the brooding room last night. I don't want to force them in this early.

Today one of my JG pullets was squatting and acting strange so we put fresh hay in the nesting boxes and waited. About 30 minutes after putting in the hay we heard a ruckus "can you describe the ruckus?" you might say...well yes I can! We raced to the coop and our little girl was announcing her proud deed!!!!

(it uploaded upside-down)

We've had an eventful weekend at the Coop!!!

Back
Top Bottom