Come on YOU know you want to look ...

gabrielle1976

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Columbia river gorge
I think this guy was sapose to be an OEGB does he looking like one ? He is starting to grow feathers on his leggs and feet but only on one side its like a line of feathers on one side and no where else on both feet. Can you also tell if its a boy or girl yet? Please and thank you . His comb is small and light colored no pink or red , he is about 3 weeks old now I think

23413_060909_081200.jpg

My son really likes him though he isnt as easy to hold anymore he likes to flitter around and not hang out as much as he use to.

Last edited:
He Is pretty big , but he came from a banty egg as far as I can tell , a largish banty egg but not as big as a normal sized egg I dont think. If I remmber right it was a white or very light tan egg, only one to hatch out of all the eggs I got . The person that sent them I thought had sent OEGB but maybe Im remmbering incorrectly , he seems kinda big for 3 weeks I wonder if I have his age wrong , I dont think I do he hatched around the same time as my buttons and thre almost 3 weeks old . My BR , and EE and others wernt this big at this age only ones this big at this age that I remmber where my RIR and he isnt a RIR ...
hu.gif

Hello, I sent you the eggs. I sent you OEGB and Bantam cochin X. After I offered the eggs, 2 of my son's game hens went broody, so we only had 1 laying. I don't have a pic of his momma and I recently got rid of her. She was black and looked kinda gamey type. She was a little larger than a bantam but no where near the size of any standard chicken. The daddy is a Partridge Bantam Cochin.
11111_dsc01943.jpg

Here's the Daddy. He has won Grand Champion at our county 4 H fair 3 years running.
clap.gif

That is ONE COOL ROOSTER!
Sorry, I just had to comment, I had no idea the wildly colored china roosters in the gift stores were based on reality. I thought some artists somewhere were on something. . . . .

Well, at least the breed mystery is solved. It's hard to see the comb on your chick but to me it's not real obvious (from the angle) so I am going to say pullet. Do you have a better pic of the head?

Thank you lucky , I adore this one , he/she is adorable but so big and stuff I was worried about what I was in store for as this was gonna be an apartment chicken for my son , who is in the picture , thanks again for the eggs my son loves this chick I so hope she is a girl. So far her/his comb is tiny the smallest I have seen on any of my chicks, at first I didnt think the chick had one but now it looks sorta like one a RIR or BR would have the single type if you know what I mean but its still pretty small.
I will try to take a pic of it but cant promise couperation from the chick who likes to flitter about and my son who goes spastic when I mess with HIS chick.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom