Come Ramble With Me!

Will you ramble with me?

• Total voters
Unsolved Mysteries Falling GIF by FILMRISE

I’m trying to decide. I’m sure at least one of the three silkies we got yesterday is a cockerel (just because they were SR)

But, if it’s really sweet, maybe I could keep it?

I don’t know...

The only reason I don’t have any roosters is because I told myself at the beginning of chicken keeping no because I’ve had bad experiences with mean ones... but a silkie rooster could be a little sweeter? (The bad experience rooster was a mean RIR I was taking care of for a neighbor while they were on vacation... I had to carry a shovel around...)

But I think that they didn’t have a very good ratio of roosters to hens (1:2)

But maybe a silkie rooster would be different... I guess I’ll have to see....
Most roosters really aren’t mean unlike common belief. And RIR aren’t really the sweetest breed around. Not that they are mean. Don’t let that one rooster be the deciding point for you, he was a bad nut, and should have been culled instead of given to a Minor to take care of. My boy is a total cuddle bug, actually, all nine of mine have been the sweetest things. And silkies are supposed to be a especially docile breed, so keep him, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Unsolved Mysteries Falling GIF by FILMRISE

Most roosters really aren’t mean unlike common belief. And RIR aren’t really the sweetest breed around. Not that they are mean. Don’t let that one rooster be the deciding point for you, he was a bad nut, and should have been culled instead of given to a Minor to take care of. My boy is a total cuddle bug, actually, all nine of mine have been the sweetest things. And silkies are supposed to be a especially docile breed, so keep him, you may be pleasantly surprised.
I’ll think about it! I really hate to give away cockerels....

Breeds to stay away from when it comes to roosters includes RIRs. The fact that he was aggressive does not mean all roosters are. Do your research and find a breed that will be right for you.
Ok! Will do! Since we just picked up 3 silkies that are, of course, SR, if one turns out to be a rooster, might as well keep it! I’ll have to see!

The song I listen to while doing schoolwork: "How do you write like your running out of time!? Write day and night like your running out if time? Everyday you write like you're running out of time! Are you running out of time?" (Yes, the song is Non-Stop.)

Me: "yeah. I have three days left to do all of my overdue assignments. I've literally done nearly 70 so far...."

Back
Top Bottom