Come Ramble With Me!

Will you ramble with me?

• Total voters
I looked up potato pancake, it seems similar but (from what I saw) they had onion, eggs, and salt (plus some other ingredients) whilst potato cakes are a bit simpler, with just flour, leftover mashed potatoes, and lots of butter for frying.
Kinda like a potato pancake? I make those sometimes with left over mash potatoes.

Jade.. Whos that little dummy in your pfp?
My ferret, Harley. I got him about a month ago and I absolutely adore him.
353D6A48-77B7-4B16-BD3D-98E987C57EE3.jpeg
C95CD666-53F8-4B56-BAE5-4819E87448E7.jpeg

I looked up potato pancake, it seems similar but (from what I saw) they had onion, eggs, and salt (plus some other ingredients) whilst potato cakes are a bit simpler, with just flour, leftover mashed potatoes, and lots of butter for frying.
I make potato pancakes by just taking mash potatoes, covering it with flour and putting it on the flat part of the stove. (Don’t know what its called :oops:)

They're large breeds, half of them are back yard mixes, but the parents consist up of Swedish Blue, Buff, White Crested, and Mallard. Assuming they'll need quite a bit of space. They will have a large run, and will only need to be in the coop at night. They'll also get to free range in our yard during the day. We have about 4 acres of area for them to forage is my guess?
Thanks for the help!
Ok, so each duck needs at least 4 sq. ft. of space, but I would go a little extra and try to have at least 50 sq. ft. of coop space for them. Then if they should need to be penned up in there for a prolonged period of time, they won't be too cramped.
Try to have around 20 sq. ft. of space in the run for each duck too.
Sounds great! And no problem.

Ok, so each duck needs at least 4 sq. ft. of space, but I would go a little extra and try to have at least 50 sq. ft. of coop space for them. Then if they should need to be penned up in there for a prolonged period of time, they won't be too cramped.
Try to have around 20 sq. ft. of space in the run for each duck too.
Sounds great! And no problem.
Awesome! I usually like to double the suggested run space that Google recommeds. I'm planning an 8x20 run, (wanted 10x20, but my dad what's to do 8x20 so its the same width as the bantam run 🤷‍♀️) so 160ft, 16ft per bird. Not quite as big as I wanted, but there will only be 7 ducks in there in the summer, so I'll work with it. Lots of free ranging time as well.
50 sq. ft was my guess. Thanks for the clarification! Can't wait to revamp my setup, its gonna be so much more efficient. :D

Back
Top Bottom