ComeJoin Duck club!!

Pics
I am new to ducks. Husband and I bought 18 ducks from a local gal that was moving. We are selling the eggs and have a huge demand for them so we are buying 10 more tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks on cleaning the eggs? I have just been using a cloth with really hot water and wiping them off.
Put the eggs in some water for ten minutes and after you take them out you will be able to clean them in seconds.

I am new to ducks. Husband and I bought 18 ducks from a local gal that was moving. We are selling the eggs and have a huge demand for them so we are buying 10 more tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks on cleaning the eggs? I have just been using a cloth with really hot water and wiping them off.

Hi! Welcome to the delightful world of duck keeping and the Duck Club!

Duck eggs are delicious! My friends love buying them.

Do you ducks lay in nests, or where ever?

Hi! Welcome to the delightful world of duck keeping and the Duck Club!

Duck eggs are delicious! My friends love buying them.

Do you ducks lay in nests, or where ever?
Thank you, there is so much to learn. I appreciate all the knowledge you all have to share. We have a lot more people interested in duck eggs then my chicken eggs lately.

Our ducks do not currently have nest that I have made, however I did put some xlarge metal baskets full of straw on the ground and they do use them part time. They have access to their water all day while they free range but we keep the water/food out at night. We want to put them on pasture this summer and make them mobile. I was thinking about making them a better nest, any suggestions? I was thinking a 55 gallon drum on its side might be inviting.

Thank you, there is so much to learn. I appreciate all the knowledge you all have to share. We have a lot more people interested in duck eggs then my chicken eggs lately.

Our ducks do not currently have nest that I have made, however I did put some xlarge metal baskets full of straw on the ground and they do use them part time. They have access to their water all day while they free range but we keep the water/food out at night. We want to put them on pasture this summer and make them mobile. I was thinking about making them a better nest, any suggestions? I was thinking a 55 gallon drum on its side might be inviting.

My duck hen lays in the chickens wooden nest boxes and the straw pile in the duck hutch. As long as I change the shavings and straw in the nests regularly, they do not get dirty.

This is an EGG~cellent article. ~

https://metzerfarms.blogspot.com/2011/03/time-to-prepare-those-duck-and-goose.html

All the duck keepers on BYC will be able to answer any questions you have. :)

Back
Top Bottom