ComeJoin Duck club!!

Pics
Thank you! I have a pekin, two khaki Campbells, and three more ducklings ordered (a black runner, blue runner, and welsh harlequin). I haven't given them names as I don't know the sex of the pekin just yet. Hoping for a strong quack of a hen😁. But once I get them outside and can see them running around and stuff I will give them names. Any good suggestions?
Runner ducks are really, really fun!!

Yes! Anyone and everyone is welcome as long as you are a duck enthusiast. :)

Ducks are very entertaining! Do you get a lot of eggs from your ducks?

Welcome to the Duck Club!
The ducks are awesome! Not many eggs right now unfortunately. 5 are drakes. One female is still too young. And the Muscovys kind of lay in spurts; they are not known for laying tons of eggs. I hope the ducks and chickens pick up soon!

So I got some 4 week old ducks a few weeks ago, and they are doing great on the grower feed I have and eating plenty of grit. But I am wondering if I need different baby duckling food and different grit for them. I figured this would be the place to ask.
Hi
I have always fed my ducklings chick starter. I only recently saw duck feed at my feed store. Now they all get flock raiser, since the ducks and chickens are outside together. It’s impossible to separate their food. I hope this helps! I have not used grit 😬 should I have?

I second that Runners are fun. Some people say they’re nervous nellies but that’s clearly not the case with the three I have. They’ve become reluctant to go to bed at night though and the pink bowl indicating snacks are on the way isn’t tricking them inside any longer. So herding is my nightly routine right now.

I second that Runners are fun. Some people say they’re nervous nellies but that’s clearly not the case with the three I have. They’ve become reluctant to go to bed at night though and the pink bowl indicating snacks are on the way isn’t tricking them inside any longer. So herding is my nightly routine right now.

Yes, I have a Runner drake and he is delightful!

Thank you! I have a pekin, two khaki Campbells, and three more ducklings ordered (a black runner, blue runner, and welsh harlequin). I haven't given them names as I don't know the sex of the pekin just yet. Hoping for a strong quack of a hen😁. But once I get them outside and can see them running around and stuff I will give them names. Any good suggestions?
Yay, Runners!

Name suggestion.....

Strawberry for a hen.

Really? I’m so happy to hear he’s a joy! I think one of my Runners is a drake, all I hear are whispers. They’ve just started their second molt recently so I guess I’ll know more for sure when they’re done.

Yes, I love him! He is the reason Runners are my favorite duck breed. :)

IMG_9322.jpg

Him looking over a Cayuga hen, Blueberry. They are a sweet pair.

Back
Top Bottom