Coming home to 2 dead Roosters!! HELP!!

Hello everyone at BYC !! My names Manny, im currently located in south florida been living here for about 15 years.. never had a problem like this.

We currently owned 2 male roosters, and 4 female hens. We keep the roosters sepperated in their cages with cement blocks to block the hatches from opening during the night.

Last night we arrived home and In shock i found that both roosters were out !! they were both dead far away from the cage, the cage itself had both blocks put on the hatches as if someone took out the roosters and then covered the cages again with the blocks of cement.

This really boils my blood, those two roosters were apart of the family almost!! they were beautiful and well fed strong birds. To get home and see them this way really makes me angry!!

Im pretty sure it was my neighboors since about a week ago he was talking with us about how beautiful our roosters are and the long tail feathers.

The thing is I have no proof!! Today i got home once more... and found a HEN OUTSIDE !!! she had damage both eyes and was blind !!! she was laying down not moving I was able to get her inside the cage care for the wounds and give her food. I checked all my other hens and they did not have scars!!

Right now im thinking about buying some surveillance cameras with nightvision to catch who is doing this!! Im pretty sure it is my neighboors since they recently are new, we know everyone else on the block and they are the only ones who knew we had chickens!!

If anyone has any tips or any good advice please help me !!

Today im passing by a place near Doral to buy a set of cameras for my backyard.
What happened to your Roos and Hen is awful.

Better get those hidden cameras set up as soon as possible. He/She/They might still come back to do some more bad things.

welcome-byc.gif

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you within the city limits? Because I've learned most city people do not care for neighbors with chickens, ducks, turkeys.. I've heard all kinds of stories about people having their barking dogs get poisoned! Even one woman who just had chickens "disappearing" in the night out of the shut coop... someone near was stealing her chickens. I wouldn't be surprised if someone near you did not care for the roosters.. If you have the money for surveillance then it's totally worth it (make sure it's hidden well). I myself have a lock on the large door and no way could someone reach in the small chicken door as our coop is pretty deep. I'm sorry for your losses. Pets are just like family, try to keep them as safe as you can.

Welcome to BYC!!!!
welcome-byc.gif
So sorry to hear about your troubles! Hope you get a camera up! In the mean time the big box stores sell signs that say the property is "under surveillance". You might get one of those. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom