Commercial Hatchery reviews. See Where to purchase your chicks!

Colored Egg Farmer

Chicken overload
15 Years
Apr 30, 2008
North Eastern Pa... Near NY
This Is the Commercial hatchery review. Hatcheries like Mcmurry, Welp, Ideal and others reviews will be posted. You can check out the form link to see which hatchery has the best record of healthy chicks.

To imput your experience with a hatchery
Data Form *enter your Reviews here*

http://spreadsheets.google.com/view...0O&formkey=dFgtdGk1YVFDXzFSMWRSaTFYUWQweXc6MA

To check hatchery reviews click here.
Form Link

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmXAmgx4qOPEdFgtdGk1YVFDXzFSMWRSaTFYUWQweXc&hl=en

Look at the reviews carefully the information like temp and number of died can affect your opinion. Sometimes it can just be a bad time to ship and the chicks could have been to cold. Or the distance to long. So take your opinion from all the information in the form
smile.png

Last edited:
This looks like a very nice form. I will be sure to use it when I purchase from a hatchery! Thank you for all your hard work Colored egg farmer!

Guess should write a little about the new Hatchery review and why we ask for the info.

Date and Temperature really affect how chicks are shipped. If chicks are shipped and they have a bad trip it may not be the hatcheries fault so we have asked for that info.

The Ratings are color coded for easier spotting of high and low level ratings.

The Your review section has also been expanded out so that it is easier to read and doesn't take as much space.

Hope you enjoy the new style any comments questions you can add them to this thread.

Thanks for the reviews. If I may provide a suggestion (as I haven't actually purchased chicks, take this with a grain of salt), it might be good to have a state of origin (i.e. the state the hatchery shipped from) and a location of the recipient. For Example, I live in Washington state, I would think that chicks mailed from someplace like Idaho or California would arrive quicker and in better shape that something from Maine or Florida.

Just a thought. Otherwise, we've already found the reviews helpful in deciding which hatchery to use this spring.

Quote:
Sounds like a good idea. If Colored Egg Farmer likes it we can update the form. Thank you for the feedback.

We added your idea. In the future all the people that submit their review will be required to submit their state and the State the hatchery is located in.
Thank you for the idea!

Back
Top Bottom