Community Nest Boxes - Let me see 'em!

No picture, but my hens have chosen a spot on the floor of my shed where they fashioned the hay into a nest and almost all of them lay there
lau.gif
The litter pan one is AWESOME!, never would've thought of it...gotta think like a bird....

Darkwolf I thought when several hens laid in the same nest that was a community nest box...is it a large area or box with no dividers? If so I used to have a long wooden tool box years ago that I nailed to the side of barn. No dividers and they loved it.

RHewitt, yup, you basically nailed it... Just a long nest box minus the dividers.

I've got an opening framed out in my wall that is 15 x 44".. Was planning on framing up boxes, but may just do a single long box @ 17 x 45" and bolt it to the coop wall instead.

At this point I'd be happy to get the roof done.. or at least get the rafters up and tarp it off.. Been raining so much can't even get that done..

Oh well, good to plan ahead though..
smile.png

Anyone else have a community box, or have pro/con comments about them?

huh, I didn't know that no dividers was an option! Maybe I'll wait a while and see how they like it 'community style'.

Who knows?
idunno.gif

Courtney
frow.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom