Composting chicken run

Pics
Good question, I have no idea..It almost seems larger breeds would do better, but that is probably not so.

But now I read something that makes me wonder if my Polish will survive here in the cold temps. And they are about ten weeks old.
I really think the answer is, it depends on the chicken. Some just scratch more. Some dogs bark more. Some sleep more. Some eat more, some have slower metabolisms.

And the answer is probably subjective. Get chickens, they all scratch. :D

But now I read something that makes me wonder if my Polish will survive here in the cold temps. And they are about ten weeks old.

I’m in RI not far from the CT border. So, not Maine or Minnesota, but we get winters with significant snowfall and below freezing temps. My polish thrive!

Polish on compost pic!
4E948347-94A2-46BC-9B94-11031061CCC5.jpeg

I think they are so pretty!
Thanks, that makes me feel so much better! I put plastic over the coop window (hoping it won't come off during the nite). Just that they haven't been outside much. I left their box with straw in it in case they want to sleep in it and extra straw on the floor. The window is covered but I couldn't reach the vents. Now I'll pray for the best.
And I just remembered that even tho we have LOTS of leaves here that at my father-in-laws house there is an actual mountain of chopped leaves. Cannot wait to get a trailer load of them!!

Back
Top Bottom