Concerned about new hatchling

Bamteaching

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2023
I have a new little one and she hatched well, albeit 2 days late but so did the others. They stayed in the incubator until Monday evening about 38 hours after hatching maybe even 40. She was alert and walking around at this time but as the others, sleepy. They all seemed ready to go so I transferred them to the brooder. At first she was fine but I noticed that her breathing is rapid now and labored. She also sleeps more than the others although she drinks and eats. Should I worry? There is a definite difference between her and the other hatchlings. The minute I pick her up her she goes to sleep in my hand. Not as alert as I would like. I am worried. Is that silly?

I have a new little one and she hatched well, albeit 2 days late but so did the others. They stayed in the incubator until Monday evening about 38 hours after hatching maybe even 40. She was alert and walking around at this time but as the others, sleepy. They all seemed ready to go so I transferred them to the brooder. At first she was fine but I noticed that her breathing is rapid now and labored. She also sleeps more than the others although she drinks and eats. Should I worry? There is a definite difference between her and the other hatchlings. The minute I pick her up her she goes to sleep in my hand. Not as alert as I would like. I am worried. Is that silly?
I think she might be a bit weak. Maybe give her sugar water or some raw egg yolk. Make sure the others don't attack her. Hopefully she will recover.

Back
Top Bottom