Confined Space Rescue

darrylv50

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
I just walked outside my front door and heard a chicken clucking by the car. I got down and looked under the car thinking she is under the car. I can't see her but I can hear her clucking. I open the hood and there is FireWiing , our big silver wyandotte wedged in the motor of the car!!! I couldn't move her backward or forward. I finally got her wings out and pushed her from behind to unwedge her. She was panting so I gave her water right away. A little while longer and I think she would have died. WHAT WAS SHE THINKING :( Has anyone had this problem? I think now I'll have to look under the hood before I go anywhere in the car.

This is a first for me. Cats frequently get into trouble by climbing up on the motor of a vehicle, but a chicken. What was she thinking?
barnie.gif

If it was winter I would say she was looking for a warm spot but it was 90 degrees yesterday. Maybe she thought it was a nice shady spot.
cool.png
Thank goodness, she seems to be fine.

This is certainly a new one on me! Could she have been hiding from something? A predator certainly wasn't going to get to her there...

I don't think so because I had been in and out of the house all day and the car was in the driveway. I don't know what she was doing but I'm so glad I found her. I think a little while longer and she would have died.

Back
Top Bottom