Confused about incubator temperatures...

Hello!
So I just completed hatching some silkie eggs in a Hovabator 1588 with forced air, and all my chicks hatched out on days 22-24. I considered this hatch to be really late. The entire time my therometer read 99.5-100F, something must be wrong, because this is the ideal incubation temperature for my incubator, and all of my chicks hatched late. So now I am starting a new batch of silkie eggs, and this time I placed the eggs in an automatic turner, which seems to create a different dynamic with air flow and temp, as the temp on the same incubator / thermometer reads 100-101F, (mostly 100.5 F) is this temp still safe for a forced air incubator? I am thinking the thermometer might be slightly off. Should I be worried, or wait and candle the eggs in a few days?

Thanks for your help!! :)
Please help someone this is my very first time hatching! I bought 12 brand new incubators but when I put a thermometer and hydrometer in ALL of them them temp were very off. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO HOW CAN THIS BE WITH EVERY NEW ONE? I get my 12 Bantoms on Thursday and I can’t sleep or eat or FUNCTION! Do I trust the incubators? I’m begging for anyone to please chime in u don’t want all dead babies. Please

I have had similar problems with my incubators .I have three little giants ,none were accurate, one was 3 degrees off the way i do it now is I went to Attwoods and bought two of there incubator thermometers $5.00 each I went through all 30 of the ones they had on the shelf I found 2 that were exactly 100% identical .Some were as much as 2 degrees off from the others I could not find any others that matched the 2 I bought exactly. I then put both in my incubator for 24 hrs .One of the incubators digital readout matched perfectly to the ones I bought , 99.5 degrees the others I had to adjust the digital to match I just ordered a digital thermometer-hydrometer with probe from incubator warehouse just for peace of mind the $20 model .Temperature is too important to be complacent about it, I hope this helps have a nice day and God Bless America.
Harry
Hi all my meters have been off on 11 incubaters (im very new and went a little ocd. I’m getting eggs in two days and I get so much conflicting info

Hello!
So I just completed hatching some silkie eggs in a Hovabator 1588 with forced air, and all my chicks hatched out on days 22-24. I considered this hatch to be really late. The entire time my therometer read 99.5-100F, something must be wrong, because this is the ideal incubation temperature for my incubator, and all of my chicks hatched late. So now I am starting a new batch of silkie eggs, and this time I placed the eggs in an automatic turner, which seems to create a different dynamic with air flow and temp, as the temp on the same incubator / thermometer reads 100-101F, (mostly 100.5 F) is this temp still safe for a forced air incubator? I am thinking the thermometer might be slightly off. Should I be worried, or wait and candle the eggs in a few days?

Thanks for your help!! :)

Yep. Egg turners are an absolute necessity. As well as turning so the embryo doesnt stick to the side of the shell, it guarantees you even heating on all sides at all times. Would make the difference of a 90% hatch or a 30% hatch.

Back
Top Bottom