Confused about Pied peas

Very nice peahen! I cannot see her flight feathers, but are you sure there aren't even a few smaller white feathers in her wings? I have never been good at identifying throat patches, so I would prefer someone more experienced to help with that. Are you trying to figure out what color peacock to buy?

Peanut,get a frontal pic of her throat area.All birds may have some white under the beak but a throat patch shows up easily,normally a white area extending down at least an inch from the base of their heads-under their beaks.

My new hen, Barbie. Dark Pied or IB split white???
This is an India Blue Dark Pied. IB Dark Pied is a solid color with white throat latches and/or white flights. The hen in the picture clearly has a throat latch compared to my IB hens

Last edited:
This is an India Blue Dark Pied. IB Dark Pied is a solid color with white throat latches and/or white flights. The hen in the picture clearly has a throat latch compared to my IB hens
Thank you for your help. Now I know what she is!

Now to start planning her future beau. lol

Very nice peahen! I cannot see her flight feathers, but are you sure there aren't even a few smaller white feathers in her wings? I have never been good at identifying throat patches, so I would prefer someone more experienced to help with that. Are you trying to figure out what color peacock to buy?
Thank you for the compliment. I've been looking for any indication of white on her wings, but haven't noticed any. She won't stay still for very long.
Yes, I am trying to figure out a good match for her. Since she is still a yearling, I'm going to take my time looking. I just don't know what color and/or pattern to consider.

Back
Top Bottom