confused- do I up humidity on the 18th day, or the 19th day?

wahmommy

Songster
11 Years
Aug 14, 2010
tomorrow is day 18 for me, I know I stop turning but when do I up humidity? I originally set the eggs at 10am.

You don't count the day you put them in the second day is one full day count from there the first day you don't count because it has not been a full day so starting with the deay after you put them in count to 18 and then 21 for hatch day

If you set your eggs on August 25th at 10 am then you would consider the 26th at 10am as day 1 and start counting from there. As jenny said you must count 24 hours from set to give you 1 full day of development.

If you set your eggs on August 25th at 10 am then you would consider the 26th at 10am as day 1 and start counting from there. As jenny said you must count 24 hours from set to give you 1 full day of development.
Yes, but if I do that, then tomorrow at 10am is the beginning of the 18th day. So do I wait tilt he 18th day is over to lockdown (Weds at 10am) or do I start lockdown sometime during the 18th day? The way I understand it, the start of my day is always at 10am which is when I set the eggs, and the end of the day is always the next morning at 9:59am. What I am confused about is do I lockdown DURING day 18? Or do I have to wait til day 18 is completed to lock down...

Also, I don't think I'm understanding you somehow. The way I see it, if I set the eggs on Saturday the 25th at 10am, then at 9:59am the following day would be the end of the first 24 hour cycle, which would end day 1. That means that Sunday from 10am to Monday 9:59am would be day 2 etc. I know I am being too precise, the chicken just "knows" and doesn't have a calendar, but this is my first incubation so I want to try and get it right...

Yes, but if I do that, then tomorrow at 10am is the beginning of the 18th day. So do I wait tilt he 18th day is over to lockdown (Weds at 10am) or do I start lockdown sometime during the 18th day? The way I understand it, the start of my day is always at 10am which is when I set the eggs, and the end of the day is always the next morning at 9:59am. What I am confused about is do I lockdown DURING day 18? Or do I have to wait til day 18 is completed to lock down...

Also, I don't think I'm understanding you somehow. The way I see it, if I set the eggs on Saturday the 25th at 10am, then at 9:59am the following day would be the end of the first 24 hour cycle, which would end day 1. That means that Sunday from 10am to Monday 9:59am would be day 2 etc. I know I am being too precise, the chicken just "knows" and doesn't have a calendar, but this is my first incubation so I want to try and get it right...

You wait until day 18 is over so Wednesday at 10am (start of day 19) would start your lock down.Let's see if I can break it down better. Whatever day of the week you set your eggs on is the same day you can expect them to hatch.You set the eggs at 10:00am on Saturday,August 25 so your hatch day (Day 21) is Saturday, September 15th. Another way to look at it is in hours. Saturday, 8/25 at 10am is 0 hours. 8/25 at 10pm is 12 hours and 10am on 8/26 is 24 hours. 24 hours = 1 day or Day 1 of incubation. When you read or hear "lock down or stop turning" on Day 18 it means after the full 24 hours of Day 18 has gone by. So for you that would mean that Day 18 ends on Wednesday morning @ 9:59am. Day 19 starts @ 10:00am Wednesday. Day 20 starts @ 10am on Thursday and Day 21 starts @ 10am on Friday and ends on Saturday @ 9:59am. So on Saturday at 9:59am you have had 21 days (each consisting of 24 hours) of full development.

You wait until day 18 is over so Wednesday at 10am (start of day 19) would start your lock down.Let's see if I can break it down better. Whatever day of the week you set your eggs on is the same day you can expect them to hatch.You set the eggs at 10:00am on Saturday,August 25 so your hatch day (Day 21) is Saturday, September 15th. Another way to look at it is in hours. Saturday, 8/25 at 10am is 0 hours. 8/25 at 10pm is 12 hours and 10am on 8/26 is 24 hours. 24 hours = 1 day or Day 1 of incubation. When you read or hear "lock down or stop turning" on Day 18 it means after the full 24 hours of Day 18 has gone by. So for you that would mean that Day 18 ends on Wednesday morning @ 9:59am. Day 19 starts @ 10:00am Wednesday. Day 20 starts @ 10am on Thursday and Day 21 starts @ 10am on Friday and ends on Saturday @ 9:59am. So on Saturday at 9:59am you have had 21 days (each consisting of 24 hours) of full development.
got it -thank you so much for explaining it to me :)

Back
Top Bottom