confused love.

Countrypunk. You are not even in your 20s yet. You have TONS of things in front of you. What a blessing to have a fun friend to hang out with! Just don't lock down yet. Enjoy the friendship and don't push. Pushing reaks of desperation and nothing pushes people away as fast as desperation.

You graduate in May. What are your plans then? College? Military? Job? Either way, your world is about to radically change from hers. She will still be doing high school things while you are off living a grown up life. Add to that the 5 year age difference and you are setting yourself up for some MAJOR failure. Not to mention statuatory issues should you move into a physical realm. She cannot be more than 14 or so at this point. You are 19. When you are 21 she will still only be 16. Danger Danger Will Robinson.

Enjoy her friendship. Make her a family friend. Limit the emails and texts to a normal level and get out there and experience life. If she is "The One" she will still be there when you are both older. There is absolutely no rush to getting married. Friendships count for so much more than dating relationships. Girlfriends will come and go, but good friends last forever.

I wouldnt hold your breath waiitng for this girl.. i fear you'll just keep being hurt. Usually when i girl wants ot be "just friends", that means she isnt interested in romance with that guy... sorry..
hugs.gif

BUT..i may be wrong too.. maybe she just wants to take it real slow right now..?
I'd just simply ASK her..tell her you have "more than friends" feelings for her... and ask her how she feels about that??
Tell her to be honest and that it wont ruin your friendship..but that you'd like to know where you really stand with her...

Good luck!

My two cents here:

You could very well love her, but odds are against you two. I was completely in love with a senior when I was a sophomore. We planned on getting married. Nope. We lasted a year together.

I did get married to my soul mate when I was 19 and he was 23. He has become good friends with my first love (weird, I know.... they go shooting together and text like teenaged girls).

When it's right, you will know and there will be no questions.

Back
Top Bottom