Confused?!

KellyAndMark

In the Brooder
5 Years
This is the father!

And the mother is either a barred rock or a black cochin!
This being our first hatch experience, we were expecting all dark coloured chicks!
Then out pops two blondes!
This one has the most interesting markings/color
Just curious as to what she might be? Or end up looking like!

Well, the cochin's not the momma, cause they don't have any feathered legs.

The rooster is a mix of a barred rock and something else, I'm guessing something wheaton. That recessive gene met something in one of your hens that produced wheaton-looking chicks.

If the hen in the background is one of the mommas, she's also a mix of barred and something else, so could easily carry the same recessive genes as the rooster. They simply matched up correctly and you have the wonders of recessive genetics
wink.png

The rooster is a mix of a barred rock and something else, I'm guessing something wheaton. That recessive gene met something in one of your hens that produced wheaton-looking chicks.

If the hen in the background is one of the mommas, she's also a mix of barred and something else, so could easily carry the same recessive genes as the rooster. They simply matched up correctly and you have the wonders of recessive genetics
wink.png

X2 on that.

wink.png
x3

wink.png

Agreed - this is the wonders of mixed breeds, recessive genes, etc.

Back
Top Bottom