Connecticut Chicken Stock

So let's talk about a good date for most folks, on the early spring end of things. We'll work around other events. Love that someones already bringing the cocktail meatballs!!! What do you all buy at the farm auctions, besides chickens of course?

Also wondering if perhaps I might get in on someone's chick order?
Only want 6 female brown egg layers, thinking about cuckoo marans, but not fussy about breed.

I'll make my schedule work for Chickenstock no matter what. So any day will work for me.

I have NH Red chicks coming on the 11th or 12th from Ideal. I can hold on to a half dozen for you if you like.

Quote:
If I order I only want about 6 also and not for a while yet. I'll be watching for any offers to go in on orders too!
Late June is the only time that doesn't work here so if we do earlier in the spring I can make it work. Can't wait! I'm watching the snow fall listening to students whoooop because we're being sent home early.
roll.png

Quote:
I'm not sure they have what I want as sexed but thanks. I will check and let you know asap. When are you expectling delivery?

ETA: Just checked their site. They do have EEs (they call them Auracanas/Americanas) I'd love 2 more pullets! One thing I would also love to have is a couple of buttercup pullet chicks. They have limited availability so I would only want to add them if it doesn't delay your order. I'd also probably get two more Red Stars and two more buff orpingtons.
If you are really willing to order them for me I really would only want you to do it if it won't delay your order. Let me know when you're expecting yours and we'll see if it will work. Thanks!

Last edited:
They are coming first week in April, Probably on the tues or weds of that week. I will call right now to see if I can add to the order! I will not put in yours until you are sure of what you want.

Quote:
Okay, that is actually really great timing if it works. If it doesn't delay your order I'd love to get a total of 6 pullet chicks.
2 EEs
2 buttercups
2 buff orpingtons

If any of those aren't available I'd substitute red stars. Or get three of two of the breeds. The EEs are what I'd most like but can probably get those from plreef later on.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Yup, they did that for me last year when I went in with someone. Please go ahead and order for me! PM me what I owe you. Thanks yet again!!

DH is gonna kill me..........

Back
Top Bottom