Connecticut!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Foghorn, Jan 14, 2007.

1. new chick 203

new chick 203 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    Ridgefield CT
    WOW![​IMG] I'm gonna need a bigger door! I call them Agatha and Dahlia, but I should have called them Chicka-saurous!
    Beth G. :

The Rooster last time my husband weighed him at 11 months was 16 lbs!!! I have not weighed the hens but, My husband said the biggest of the three is up close to 10 lbs. Consider Mamma Banties rarely exceed 2lbs ummm well I guess they might end up 5x her size [​IMG]
    Quote:​

2. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Your too funny!! Yeah both my orps and LF cochins are on the hefty side [​IMG]

If you need to trade them in for banties bc of lack os space let me know. I'm currently growing out 13 banty pullets. And I will not be keeping them all. I will most likely sell of half of them end of Sept or Oct after I decide who makes the cut for breeding and showing [​IMG]

Quote:

3. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    Beth G. :

Your too funny!! Yeah both my orps and LF cochins are on the hefty side [​IMG]

If you need to trade them in for banties bc of lack os space let me know. I'm currently growing out 13 banty pullets. And I will not be keeping them all. I will most likely sell of half of them end of Sept or Oct after I decide who makes the cut for breeding and showing [​IMG]

Quote:​

how is that english black roo growing he was huge debbie's denzel is huge when people come to buy birds they all say i will be back next spring i need one of those mosters for my flock.lol we just loved you black roo he was so heavy an i still have marks on my arm from him mean little b___tard.lol

4. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Hi, Brutus is doing well and getting bigger and bigger ever day eating like an Or-PIG-ton!! LOL. But, Luger my service boy knock him down a peg and he stays away from ppl now [​IMG]

Quote:
    how is that english black roo growing he was huge debbie's denzel is huge when people come to buy birds they all say i will be back next spring i need one of those mosters for my flock.lol we just loved you black roo he was so heavy an i still have marks on my arm from him mean little b___tard.lol

5. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Wow! It is HOT! Ugh. I just put a fan out in my coop to keep everyone cool. Seems to be helping...no panting or holding out wings (although it is still early in the day). Hope everyone stays cool today!!!

6. BirdsinBethel

BirdsinBethel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Bethel
    Gave the girls ice cubes in their water this morning and made sure their tractor is in the shade... so far they seem to be handling the heat well, but then again it seems like just a few weeks ago they were all huddled up under the brooder light soaking up the warmth!

7. Egg Crate

Egg Crate Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Ivoryton
    It's going to be miserable today. I'm letting the big girls free-range in the woods and put the 4-wk chicks in a portable pen under a tree.

8. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:I put fans in my coops last night. I wish I could persuade the birds in the big coop NOT to roost in the rafters. Don't they know that heat rises?! [​IMG]
    I have the mister cranking full-blast in the shade and hope they take advantage of it. Crossing fingers for no problems here in CT for our birds today.

9. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Mine seem to be ok so far. I just went out and misted them with the hose. Silly birds run away though...so I had to trick them to get them wet. Haha.

10. new chick 203

new chick 203 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    Ridgefield CT
    Today is the first day i've been really concerned about heat. The movable coop is in the shade, hung wet drop cloths over top with a fan blowing across it to create a evaporative cooling thing. Ice in water too. I think it'll be OK.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by