Connecticut!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Foghorn, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

My Puppy Luger says Howdy!!!! [​IMG]
    Quote:
    yes

2. Egg Crate

Egg Crate Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Ivoryton
    Hiding from the heat so I just set up my BYC page. Check it out CT Peeps! [​IMG]

3. BirdsinBethel

BirdsinBethel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Bethel
    wOW, GREAT JOB on both the coop and the page - it's a good read [​IMG] I laughed, I cried, I'll read it again and again
    Quote:

4. new chick 203

new chick 203 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    Ridgefield CT
    I can't believe how big our chicks have gotten. This is Bobby flanked by her girls. She's a banty so they are starting to get bigger than her, but she's still Mama.
    [​IMG]

5. BirdsinBethel

BirdsinBethel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Bethel
    Are these those little fluff-butts I saw when you did the Ridgefield Library tour? Wow, they look all grown up... so fast...sniff [​IMG]

Quote:

6. new chick 203

Feb 8, 2010
    Ridgefield CT
    I know! The roo was re-homed, but these are the 2 little girls. I think they are going to be very pretty.
    Quote:

7. Beth G.

Ohhh they look soo pretty!! Don't forget they are going to be Very Big Girls [​IMG]

I know folks out there say there is no such thing as Giant Cochins but, if you see the girls I have and the other standards, you would agree there are definitely Giants [​IMG] I separate my banties b/c the big girls and boys accidentally crushed one of my little bantie boys [​IMG]
    Quote:

8. new chick 203

Feb 8, 2010
    Ridgefield CT
    When you say "Giant" how big do you mean? I'm picturing a chicken version of Godzilla.
    Beth G. :

Ohhh they look soo pretty!! Don't forget they are going to be Very Big Girls [​IMG]

I know folks out there say there is no such thing as Giant Cochins but, if you see the girls I have and the other standards, you would agree there are definitely Giants [​IMG] I separate my banties b/c the big girls and boys accidentally crushed one of my little bantie boys [​IMG]
    Quote:​

9. Beth G.

The Rooster last time my husband weighed him at 11 months was 16 lbs!!! I have not weighed the hens but, My husband said the biggest of the three is up close to 10 lbs. Consider Mamma Banties rarely exceed 2lbs ummm well I guess they might end up 5x her size [​IMG]
    Quote:

10. Beth G.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by