Connecticut!

i am happy i dont get 4-6 dozen a day we get about 1-2 dozen a day i would have no where to put that many eggs!!! we only have 1 broody right now and she is sitting on 6 eggs

frow.gif
HI, Thanks Jill!!! I have another girl friend that lives in Sherman and we meet off of 84 half way. Maybe I'll wait till Bobby is ready and then when she is I will meet you both so I can save the gas money if ya know what I mean!! This over $4 bucks is killing me
rant.gif
I hope all the girls are doing well!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Not yet, but Bobby will go broody any moment, and then her bum is yours.
wink.png

I just checked on the girls and found 4 out of 5 chickens trying to squeeze into one nest box and the 5th one waiting for a spot. What's wrong with the other one today!? It seems like the favorite one is always changing.

Hi All, one of my customers is holding a great event on March 31st. Hope some of you can make it there!!!!
big_smile.png

http://lakesidefeed.com/
Hi Folks, One of my customers is holding a great event on March 31st. She will have easter hunts, petting zoo, free tractor drawn hayrides, refreshment stand, and is a great lady!! Her feed store has lots to offer not only for the poultry in our life but, other livestock too. Hope some of you can make out there with your little ones!!!

CT Feed Stores, Livestock Feed in CT for sale Lakeside Feed & Supplies for horses, llamas, exotic an
lakesidefeed.com
CT Livestock Feed, Horse Supplies, Feed & Supplies for sale for cats, dogs, birds, gift items, farm, in Guilford, CT on the Shoreline in New Haven County Connecticut.

OMG, LakeSide Feed! Is this being run by Toni??? I used to breed rabbits years ago and actually visited her store whenever I was in Guilford visiting a fellow rabbit and llama breeder. Someone on here mentioned driving an hour to get silkies, can I ask where you got them? I travel to CT often, I was born and raised there. Moved to Albany 3.5 years ago, and I'm moving to Syracuse in June. Thats when I'll get into the chicken hobby. Looking to start off with 3-4 silkies and 3-4 orpingtons. Haven't seen too many silkies other than if I mail order them.

Not sure if any of you in the state that hatch your own chicks like to sell your chicks, but I'm looking to get a few Barred Rock girls. I had a couple with the first batch I bought two years ago, but one died a couple days after bringing her home, and the one that did make it, announced to us about 12 weeks in that she was a he!! So we have no Barred Rocks and I'd like a few. Just three that's it. Thanks
smile.png

Oh, bought 6 pullets today. Three look like little chipmunks I think they are Brown Leghorns, and three very yellow with a few random small black spots on them. Not sure what they are.

I'm wondering if I should start to be concerned. My Dahlia has been laying for about 6 weeks and she is still laying shell-less and thin shelled eggs. Also, a couple of her eggs have had little meaty bits inside or blood spots inside. I thought she would grow out of it. She has layer feed and crushed oyster shell. She seems totally healthy otherwise. Will she every lay normally?
bow.gif

I'm wondering if I should start to be concerned. My Dahlia has been laying for about 6 weeks and she is still laying shell-less and thin shelled eggs. Also, a couple of her eggs have had little meaty bits inside or blood spots inside. I thought she would grow out of it. She has layer feed and crushed oyster shell. She seems totally healthy otherwise. Will she every lay normally?
bow.gif

She's been laying like this for 6 weeks? Any normal eggs along the way or have all of them been this way? If it's only one here and there, I wouldn't be too concerned. But if its every one, then there is probably an issue. I'd say as long as you aren't counting on her egg production for anything, and she seems happy and healthy otherwise, I'd just ride and it and let her do her thing. Maybe she'll straighten it all out soon.

The whole time. About every other egg has enough of a shell to use, but it's thin. And about a third of those has had some inclusion in it. She's such a sweetie, it makes me sad to think of her insides not working right. I don't mind cleaning up the mess, but I do wish she would grow out of it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom