Connecticut!

LOL... I'd try to show up though I do work weekends
Seriously, there has been some interest in a CT Chickenstock over the years, but it never seems to happen. Like in Field of Dreams - "Build it and they will come."
wink.png

lol Im thinking mid july REALLY, if all goes well with work in the next month I wanna do something, this state is supposed to have the most chickens and farms and yet you never never hear of anything til fall, even then it's lame, especially for us poultry addicts, we dont even see any swaps or anything lol

Mine have been digging big time as well. I swear they are trying to do a great escape
Mine do that too- yard is a mine field- plus they actually do escape through the big hole in the electric netting. I got the discounted Kencove and the missing line is at about 1' from bottom. Think I should just buy some non-seconds this year, and not be cheap. Ya get whatcha pay for.

SUNSET TONIGHT AT 8:00 P. M.

I keep the link to a sunrise/sunset chart on my bookmarks bar, (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=98) and I've been noticing sunset getting later every day. Tonight it is at a nice, even 8 o'clock p.m.
Even I realize it's a silly thing to notice, but it just seems like a milestone of sorts: It's gotten to a reasonably late enough time to see that the chickens have put themselves up for the night.
smile.png

I'm looking for a free or cheap pet quality rooster that hasn't proven himself to be roo-ish (yet). I know we all just had a lot of hatching and brooding going on, who's looking for a new home?
I have replied to a few craigslist's ads, but haven't gotten responses so far. Even contacted MSPCA at Nevins Farm, no response yet.

Wouldn't you know it, I picked up pullets this year and for the first time ever- they were all actually pullets.
Very VERY dumb pullets, with zero sense of self-preservation. I'm hoping a rooster can help them out a little.

I have 25 "pullets" but I think some may not be - they are only 5-6 weeks old right now though. I have Barred Rock, Ameraucana, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Speckled Sussex and Buff Orpington (plus 3 Red Sex Links which are the only ones I know for sure are girls!)

I'm looking for a free or cheap pet quality rooster that hasn't proven himself to be roo-ish (yet). I know we all just had a lot of hatching and brooding going on, who's looking for a new home?
I have replied to a few craigslist's ads, but haven't gotten responses so far. Even contacted MSPCA at Nevins Farm, no response yet.

Wouldn't you know it, I picked up pullets this year and for the first time ever- they were all actually pullets.
Very VERY dumb pullets, with zero sense of self-preservation. I'm hoping a rooster can help them out a little.

I have roosters!!! I keep breeding this to this and working on that to that so I always have available roos
jumpy.gif
. Mine are project marans... I am working with birchen cuckoo both golden and silver and have some really pretty birds. pm me and we can talk! I have one adorable month old silver birchen cuckoo fellow right now that has the nicest personality... he is 3/4 marans, 1/4 lemon orp. I would love to see him in a happy home. I'm only keeping the goldens so he is a cull.
roll.png
I'd rather give him away free to a good home then freezer camp him.

Back
Top Bottom