Connecticut!

What is your purpose in leasing? That may help people be more accepting to your request.

I just moved from Upstate NY back to CT. Before moving I had to part with a majority of my chickens and ducks. The community/neighborhood in which we are living for at least the next year does not allow livestock or poultry of any kind to be housed on the property because it is a private lake community. I have one last flock of 6 and some chicks (5-6) growing out that are currently being housed with a friend back in NY. I would like to find some land close by so that I could birds down here and continue to work with the breeds I have left. I am not ready to give them up. I've invested a lot of time and money into this small flock and I'm trying everything to get them down here where I could have access to them every day. CT is so different than NY with their rules and are definitely much more strict. So coming from "farm country" NY to here is a big adjustment for me. Even though I am originally from this state, it's just so different. Not as much freedom as I'd like.
wink.png

Access every day. They would also require their own coop/run as well till they get acclimated with someone else's chickens. So it's 6 full grown and 5 chicks? What breeds?

Access every day. They would also require their own coop/run as well till they get acclimated with someone else's chickens. So it's 6 full grown and 5 chicks? What breeds?

Yes I'm hoping I could have access everyday. I do have a coop (had one custom built) which is part of the reason I'm not giving up this last flock. I do not want them housed with other chickens. I have a coop and run for them, just need some land. They are bantams, silkies and sizzles.

Depends on where you moved from, and where you live now. I for one am happy with where I am at, but being the person I am, would hate it living down in Bridgeport or Greenwich. I need open space, undeveloped land and nature in order to not go crazy....

If I had a choice of anywhere in the US, I would probably move to either FL, TX or NC. I love NC, Texas has an interesting appeal (probably would get tired of it), and I love FL. Only problem with FL is it's overrun with drugs and weirdos. There are tons of awesome people there, but I have definitely met the most..."eccentric" folks there.

Back
Top Bottom