Connecticut!

Pics
Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

Ridgefield isn't too far.

Hello, No it's not! Wow people will pay 4-6 bucks for eating eggs? I never knew people would pay that much that is great!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

Ridgefield isn't too far.

Hello, No it's not! Wow people will pay 4-6 bucks for eating eggs? I never knew people would pay that much that is great!

That's how much I'm still paying since my girls are late bloomers. 31 weeks and no eggs yet. One of the farmer's markets around here actually want $8, but they're nuts!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
I'm in Bristol...sorta near you. We drove through Woodbury last night...beautiful area!

Input for the other question: The lady down the road sells her eating eggs for $3.50 a dozen WHEN she has them. She's "sold out" more times than not.

What do you think would be the best time of year for a chickenstock? I would love to attend one but there is never one close enough.

April or October???

Here is my thought. Lake Compounce is only open from May to the end of September and weekends in Oct. Maybe the owner would be willing to let the CT chicken people invade the back parcking lot.
pre or post season.

Location is in the center of CT easy access from 84.

I haven't been there in a few years but last I knew Jerry Brick is the general manager and the head of security. Does anyone think this would be worth exploring?

Quote:
That is awesome!! You should try April and if it goes well shoot for October too. My only suggestion is that you only do it if all parties coming in with birds are a tested flock negative for both pullorum and avian flu. I would love to volunteer my time!!! Let me know if I could help in anyway.

Last edited:
Brookfield Ct here!!! just moved from NYC. wow what a change is all i can say! I love it, love it ,love it!!! Trying to get a flock started but I can't find chicks anywhere ( I guess the cold weather has something to do with it). Anyone close by?? still learning my Ct geography.

Back
Top Bottom