Connecticut!

Pics
welcome-byc.gif
and CT You might want to try Tracktor Supply in New Milford. It is on RT 7. You would be better off waiting until spring because baby chicks need to be kept warm(90 degrees first week of age then -5 degrees every week after)
Quote:

Last edited:
I want big chickens by springtime!! lol!! I was thinking of making a brooder for them and keeping them in the basement with a couple of heat lamps until they feather out.... bad idea??

Quote:
Hi Joseney21, I am hatching out chicks daily. My only problem is I can not sex them. Are you allowed to have roosters incase you get a few? I also have a pet quality unsexed blue partridge silkie for sale. I'm leaning towards a rooster but, was told by a breeder its a pullet. Drop me a PM if you want this one. I have it on craigslist and I know it will go fast. I also have a few other breeds available all between 1 day and 10 weeks.

Quote:
You definately want them under lights till they are fully feathered this time of year. Just remember when you have them in the house BOY do they create some serious dust!! But, if you don't mind and your basement isn't too damp go for it!!

Quote:
anybody living in CT is probably no more than an hour from you. I am in the middle of the state. It takes about 40 in to reach MA and about 45 to an hour to reach New Haven. If I drive for an hour in any direction I am either in another state or the ocean.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

Ridgefield here, not that far. Brookfield has a TSC that carries chicks in the spring. I'm new to this whole chick thing, but it seems like it's easy to find chicks in spring, and to set them up outside once they are ready to go out. I would do the planning over the winter and start in early spring if I were you, but that's just MHO.

spring it is, i must control this addiction....
cool.png
, i'll make sure i get everything i need and squared away by then

Good idea that will also give you time to think about what breed you would like. Thier is alot to consider like winter hardy, good winter egg layer. Since you have children you will also need to consider if the breed is good nature and friendly. It willalso give you time to find ahatchery or a breeder depending on what you want to do or spend.

Last edited:
Hi, Anyone from the CT forum going to the show in Middleboro this weekend? I would like to go but, my DH will not let me drive the whole way by myself. He is working or he would take me. I went on the mapquest and it's close to Cape Cod. I would love to go but, can't unless I get someone to drive. If you have never been these shows are great!! You get to meet so many poultry folks and fellow BYC'rs!! I went to the Boston Poultry Show and had a blast! I got to see so many beautiful birds and bought quite a few beauties to take home
wink.png
fl.gif
fl.gif

Do you have d'Anvers Beth? I think you would like them.... I have one! They're small, the roosters have quite the personality, and the hens are so nice and curious. You should get a pair or quad or something...

Back
Top Bottom