Connecticut!

Does anyone know where I can get some young ducklings asap? I have a day-old Mallard single hatchling that needs some company desperately. Willing to consider other breeds and will drive to pick up most anywhere in New England. Please let me know if you know of any options.

Thanks!

Does anyone know where I can get some young ducklings asap? I have a day-old Mallard single hatchling that needs some company desperately. Willing to consider other breeds and will drive to pick up most anywhere in New England. Please let me know if you know of any options.

Thanks!

I wish I knew someone, maybe try @learycow

And have you posted on the Free Rehoming or Buy Sell Trade or Duck forums?

Hi everyone,

Posting for two reasons; first, just wanted to connect with some CT backyard flock keepers. Second, I have two trios of pilgrim geese who I will, sadly, be rehoming sometime soon.
One trio consists of a gander and two geese, all yearlings. The other is a proven pair, with an additional yearling goose. I will only rehome them to someone within driving distance - and only to a good home. They're wonderful animals. If anyone is interested, please let me know. So looking forward to chick and garden season, just placed a seed order. : )

To anyone who is looking for a veterinary services, please consider Dr. Cara Kneser. Dr. Cara offers not only exceptional veterinary care to all equine, bovine, camelid, ovine, and caprine animals but also works to build a strong client-veterinarian bond that in times of stress and emergency is invaluable. Check out her beautiful website and give her a call!http://kneserveterinary.com

Hey guys! My name is Erica and I'm trying to start my own flock out here in Hamden, CT. I have tried calling town hall about the permit required for the coop but their answer has been "I have never heard of anyone asking for a coop permit". Do I really need a permit to have a coop in Hamden? Any other tips would be much appreciated!
-Erica Cruz

Hey guys! My name is Erica and I'm trying to start my own flock out here in Hamden, CT. I have tried calling town hall about the permit required for the coop but their answer has been "I have never heard of anyone asking for a coop permit". Do I really need a permit to have a coop in Hamden? Any other tips would be much appreciated!
-Erica Cruz
Erica, if the coop is movable they probably will not care. In other words do not pour a concrete slab or foundation for the coop. The question I would be asking is; Are you allowed to have chickens how many and are roosters allowed? What is your zoning where you live? Are you surrounded by Farmland?

In Plainfield we are allowed to have a animal unit per 1/2 acre in RA-60 zones, per the town zoning regulations. Our Regulations are in PDF format for ease of obtaining. So hope this helps.

Good luck and welcome.

Back
Top Bottom