Connecticut!

Anyone know of the Black Australorp breeder in CT? I think they were a judge, or used to be?
Looking for POL Pullets if they have them.
I'm just not sure I want Hatchery birds and read on here somewhere that there was a breeder in CT.
Thanks

Hello fellow CT folks! I'm in New Fairfield and brand new to chicken keeping. A few of our friends have chickens, and they along with all of the other friendly chicken people have been very helpful.

See you around.

Last edited:
Hello fellow CT folks! I'm in New Fairfield and brand new to chicken keeping. A few of our friends have chickens, and them along with all of the other friendly chicken people have been very helpful.

See you around.

Welcome to BYC!!!!!!!! This site will be so helpful for you!!!
instawelcome.jpg

Hello there CT chicken friends! I have 3-4 chickens that I need to rehome. I'm not asking for payment - I just want to find them a good home. They're one year old laying hens that started laying late last summer/early autumn. They're good sized reddish brown birds and very vigorous. The rooster was a Buckeye and the hens were from a variety of hens in my flock. One came from a Silver-Laced Wyandotte, another from an Auraucana (or so the hatchery said) and gives green eggs. The other two I'm unsure of, but there might be another Silver-Laced Wyandotte cross in there. They're not bad birds, but I've got too many for my space and some of them are ganging up on one of the hens. These hens need to either be the only chickens you have, or in their own coop if you do have chickens. If they can free-range on a daily basis that would prevent most of the conflict.

Hello I was wondering in anyone in CT could help me. I am house hunting and Eastern Ct seems to be were we are finding houses with land in our price range. Most towns I can find zoning information on but a few seem impossible to find out if I am allowed to have chickens, goats, etc...
One was Scotland, CT. I can't find anything for there. Also Lisbon seems to only allow animals if you have over 5 acres otherwise you can have 1 horse, goat or sheep for 120000 sq ft or more?? Does anyone live in these towns or can anyone steer me away from the towns that dont allow birds?

Hello I was wondering in anyone in CT could help me. I am house hunting and Eastern Ct seems to be were we are finding houses with land in our price range. Most towns I can find zoning information on but a few seem impossible to find out if I am allowed to have chickens, goats, etc...
One was Scotland, CT. I can't find anything for there. Also Lisbon seems to only allow animals if you have over 5 acres otherwise you can have 1 horse, goat or sheep for 120000 sq ft or more?? Does anyone live in these towns or can anyone steer me away from the towns that dont allow birds?

I know Colchester is farmer friendly, so is Salem

I live in newington ,CT my town says no but turns there head to chickens as long as no one complains.

Hello there CT chicken friends! I have 3-4 chickens that I need to rehome. I'm not asking for payment - I just want to find them a good home. They're one year old laying hens that started laying late last summer/early autumn. They're good sized reddish brown birds and very vigorous. The rooster was a Buckeye and the hens were from a variety of hens in my flock. One came from a Silver-Laced Wyandotte, another from an Auraucana (or so the hatchery said) and gives green eggs. The other two I'm unsure of, but there might be another Silver-Laced Wyandotte cross in there. They're not bad birds, but I've got too many for my space and some of them are ganging up on one of the hens. These hens need to either be the only chickens you have, or in their own coop if you do have chickens. If they can free-range on a daily basis that would prevent most of the conflict.

Back
Top Bottom