Connecticut!

P.S. Lynz (Ive seen you on the NY board) my girlfriend lived in Bloomfield/Windsor area and I loved all the farms in driving distance for going picking with my kids. I also think Canaan was another town we visited often. I thought northern CT was a nice place to have a family and a farm. Nothing is too far in CT as well. Now she moved to milford in the town more and has a place right near the highway. Its nice for her since she is single, but I loved her old place.

S

I also have been to Kensington Bird and Animal, they are great!!, but if you are in the Bristol area, Dr. Chace is closer as he is on the Bristol/Farmington border, here is his information:

http://www.advancedvetcarehome.com

Advanced Veterinary Care
Paul A. Chace, DVM
376 Scott Swamp Road;
Route 6 ( Next to Joey Garlic’s
& East of Wal*Mart)
Farmington, CT 06032
Phone 860-677-0309
Hrs Mon-Fr 7:30-6pm
Sat 8-12noon

Hello my fellow Connecticites(?),
Wondering how you are all fairing in this lovely May heat?
Does anyone have advise on how to keep my girls cooled down, they are panting
and while they are not in direct sun, the air just isn't moving enough to make them comfortable :-(
Cheers,
Wendy

What do vets charge for chickens?

Mine charges the same for chickens as all other pet birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, or exotic animals for an appointment & they do a full checkup & address whatever issue you're bringing them in for. I think it's around $55 dollars. I've gotten different meds for $10 from our vet. I think fecal tests are $10 or $15.

Hello my fellow Connecticites(?),
Wondering how you are all fairing in this lovely May heat?
Does anyone have advise on how to keep my girls cooled down, they are panting
and while they are not in direct sun, the air just isn't moving enough to make them comfortable :-(
Cheers,
Wendy

I put the hose on mist and sprayed em down, filled their waterer with ice cubs lol

Hey, does anyone have any LF Orpington or Cochin eggs available?
yippiechickie.gif
Agatha is broody and I'd love to get her eggs soon.

Hello everyone,

Have been lurking and not posting lately. Hope everyone's keeping cool in the heat.

I am looking to pick up a few more chicks. I contacted Cameron Family farm but they had said their next two hatches are sold out and I don't want to wait much longer to get them. I might be able to see if they have overstock.

Does anyone have any other local sources? Standard/Large breed only: Orphington, brahma, maran, wayandotte, australorp are the ones I am interested in.

Thanks,
Adam

Hello everyone, Have been lurking and not posting lately. Hope everyone's keeping cool in the heat. I am looking to pick up a few more chicks. I contacted Cameron Family farm but they had said their next two hatches are sold out and I don't want to wait much longer to get them. I might be able to see if they have overstock. Does anyone have any other local sources? Standard/Large breed only: Orphington, brahma, maran, wayandotte, australorp are the ones I am interested in. Thanks, Adam
Hi! If you're looking for LF Orpingtons, I would contact littleblue here. For Australorps PM me, I don't think he's on BYC

Hello everyone, Have been lurking and not posting lately. Hope everyone's keeping cool in the heat. I am looking to pick up a few more chicks. I contacted Cameron Family farm but they had said their next two hatches are sold out and I don't want to wait much longer to get them. I might be able to see if they have overstock. Does anyone have any other local sources? Standard/Large breed only: Orphington, brahma, maran, wayandotte, australorp are the ones I am interested in. Thanks, Adam
Hi! If you're looking for LF Orpingtons, I would contact littleblue here. For Australorps PM me, I don't think he's on BYC

Back
Top Bottom