Connecticut!

Quote:

these are the latest 7! However I looked in the incubator a few minutes ago and there are 11 more in there and I see more eggs pipped! This is so much fun! This is my best hatch even from eggs from auction! I'm using a great incubator I recommend one with a fan in it! This one I am using is my dentist! I used it to hatch out quail from his breeder!

Awe super cute babies!! Which incubator? I have not bought one yet, was hoping to find one to borrow...but in case I need to purchase?
It is a hovabator I see a lot of them on amazon.com they are a little pricey but they are so worth it! It is such a big difference in using that than my little giants. However my little giant ones don't have a fan. However with this success I will be buying at least 2 hovabators.

Wow at all of the ice this morning! Sooooo slipppppery.
We had a smallish branch come down on the run.
The pine above is losing alot of branches this year. The whole top came off so far.
hmm.png

If the worst positioned one decides to break -our run will be destroyed, it's a humongous branch.

Hey my CT peeps - since we are "bird admirers" ....
thought maybe you might enjoy these eggs that are going to start hatching any day now:

http://www.ustream.tv/okcowlcam

She is covered with a bit of snow at the moment! Dedicated Momma.
I have watched and followed them for two years now, this is the first time they laid 3 eggs.
Last year I saw both babies fledge ~ it was wonderful. Highly recommend keeping it open in a tab somewhere and when you hear hooting go to it quickly to see Dad bringing dinner.

Stay warm everyone
hide.gif

Quote:
The rooster will be a year old in June, and the 3 pullets are 20 weeks old. I'd be willing to give them away to a good home! Feel free to PM me if you want them. I live in Easton. I may be willing to drive 1/2 way depending on the distance.

Last edited:
I live in Clinton. So happy TSC is now open. Already went to do some shopping. I have a mixture of Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rock, Araucanas and a few other girls that were given to us. We have 2 clutches from 2 different hatches using our incubator. Would be happy to chat with some locals.

I love the look of buff brahmas but my ocd won't allow me to have feather footed birds.
How on earth to they stay clean? :confused:

Believe it or not they stay just as clean as non feather breeds,I have a buff and a light brahma plus a golden laced Cochin and there very clean even in wet weather.I thought the same thing when they were chicks and wasn't sure if there would be a problem with there feet and legs but pleasantly surprised!

Back
Top Bottom