Connecticut!

I called the manufacturer in Iowa. I am still waiting for an answer from them.
barnie.gif
In the mean time.... we are sifting, sifting, sifting.

I think we will try another manufacturer of Organic feed. Does anyone know of another, besides Blue Seal that is sold in CT?

Last edited:
I'm debating reducing my flock size for a little bit. Would anyone be interested in 2 easter eggers? One is in her first year of laying (hatched June 2013) and the other is in her second year or so of laying (not exactly sure of age). Under my care they've been fed organic grower/layer pellets and a mix of organic/non organic table scraps. I'm located in Cromwell but can drive a little bit to meet up with anyone that is interested.

Last edited:
If Anyones interested we have several chicks available,we hatch weekly and will have them through out the comming months into the fall. The breeds we have are buff and light brahmas,australorps,barred rocks,delawares,Austria whites,jersey giants etc.Also have EE's,barnyard mixes black sex links and barred brahmas also blue laced red Wyandotte mixes that occasionally produce pure blue wyandottes,also have several young roo's available all chicks are sold straitrun and prices vary per age 2 - 12 weeks PM me if interested thanks mike.

If Anyones interested we have several chicks available,we hatch weekly and will have them through out the comming months into the fall. The breeds we have are buff and light brahmas,australorps,barred rocks,delawares,Austria whites,jersey giants etc.Also have EE's,barnyard mixes black sex links and barred brahmas also blue laced red Wyandotte mixes that occasionally produce pure blue wyandottes,also have several young roo's available all chicks are sold straitrun and prices vary per age 2 - 12 weeks PM me if interested thanks mike.
Where did your Australorps come from?

Is anyone interested in guinea keets? I placed a large order of French guinea keets to save per each, and I have 30, possibly more extras to unload. Hatched 7/23.

I got a flock of guineas for tick control this year, and they have quickly become my favorite birds--the difference is like night and day. Last year, I would find at least 3 or 4 ticks on myself or my dogs each day. Now I might come across one every few weeks, if I'm walking through tall grass. Sure, I've lost some to the many predators of NW CT, but the benefit they provide is worth always having some around--I am a fanatical tick/Lyme-phobe. A group of 5 flushed a bobcat out of my bushes the other day and they constantly serve as a look out for hawks.

I can possibly deliver/meet somewhere within a reasonable distance of the Winsted, Litchfield County area.
Was thinking $7 each, or 5 keets for $30, or 10 keets for $55. Take all 30 for $140; I may be willing to part with more. May be open to a swap if you have something I'm interested in!

Shoot me a PM if you're interested, and I'm happy to try and answer any guinea questions, if I can. :)

Last edited:
Geetings fellow CT'ers

For those that use Blue Seal Organic Life Layer pellets..

Have you noticed anything different with it?? The last three bags had a lot of pulverized food product, so much so that we have to use a strainer to get to the pellets. The first time this happened was back in March, I brought the bag back and was given a new bag, when I got home and opened it, it was the same way. We just finished it. Last week I went back to the same place and this new bag is the same way.

We have to sift; otherwise the dust ends up in the bottom of the feeder not allowing the pellets to come down for the birds to eat.

I have called Blue Seal and I am waiting an answer ( been waiting since Friday)

Out of a 50lb bag there must be about 10-15 lbs of dust.

hi all, fellow ct'er here!

nice to meet y'all. wish it were under different circumstances though.....

i am new to chicken keeping. can anyone point me to a breeder with started black copper marans in the ct area?

i just lost a bird and we are all heartbroken. it was kinda my fault and i'm desperate to make amends.

thank you for any thoughts!

Back
Top Bottom