Connecticut!

Hi! Was wondering if the people in Newtown have a way to connect about their chickens. I'm new and in need of help! We've lost two of our eight to predators already and I have one right now with a swollen eye lid and I'm at a loss of what to do. Would love some neighbor-to-neighbor advice and help!

Hi. I'm in Sandy Hook. I lost my entire flock last summer due to predators. I bought a strong Amish coop this year and so far have had no problems. As far as the eyelid swollen, I'm sorry, I do t know the answer.

Tom

How is your coop and run designed? largest hole in my coop is 3/8"x3/8" and I have lucabon panel dug in 18" around the entire area. I used mostly scraps from jobsites so the total cost of my coop and run was around 100 dollars. With that said I've had a coyote and raccoons try to get in without any luck. Try to overcompensate in every area of the coop and you'll be able to sleep without worry.

Hi all! I'm based in Weston and I've got 3 hens (soon to be closer to 7 once my chicks are old enough to join the other girls). We'd like to build a bigger coop to house our growing flock. Does anyone have a recommendation for a carpenter who's helped build your coop? My husband is very handy, and we have plans for the coop we'd like to build, but we need an extra hand to build it the way we'd like.

Thanks in advance!
Natalie

Is anyone looking for a couple of muscovies?

If you've been following this thread you know I have been trying to find homes for many domestic ducks and geese at Hubbard Park in Meriden. I thought that I had a home for the one muscovy that was there, but now someone has dumped a second muscovy. It seems the two have bonded pretty instantly, and I do not want to break them up, but the home that wanted the muscovy does not want two.

Here's a picture. The black one is the new one. I don't know if it is male or female yet, going to ask some folks on the duck forum.

If anyone wants them, all you have to is catch them. The park/city does not own them. They are free for anyone who wants them. If you want more info on what they are like or catching them (or any of the other ducks and geese there) send me a PM, I check BYC almost every day. I can also give more pictures of any duck or goose you are interested in, just ask.

Hello,
I'm looking for reliable chicken sitter in the Brookfield area. Haven't had any luck reaching out to local agencies. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom