Connecticut!

Hi Conneticut people! I'm over in Moodus.
I had my entire flock ravaged by a fisher cat and had to start all over :(
Predators were hard this year.

Oh my i'm so sorry to hear that! ;( I've been keeping my chickens inside during the night now because of all these predators! My neighbors coop got invaded by a fox & they woke up to a handful of missing chickens and I woke up & found a head scattered around my yard
1f630.png
Best of luck with your new flock!!

Can anyone give me the lowdown on getting NPIP certification in CT? I called the CT ag department to get info but was told I had to talk to the State Vet and that she's hard to get a hold of. Is there no prescribed process somewhere to follow other than hoping you can get through on a phone call to one person in the whole State?

thanks for the response and any breed as long as its bantam

I might have some bantam silver Ameraucana pullets but I haven't decided who stays and who goes yet. I know there are quite a few bantam folks in the Little Rhody Poultry Fanciers club. There were quite a few very nice OEGBs for sale at their last show. Marco Mizzoni would be a good contact there.

Who would like two more hens?
I cannot lose my last two to a raccoon/fox/fisher or whatever got my sweet Connie! Besides, my landlord asked me to get rid of them months ago (and it doesn't look like my sister in the Berkshires is really going to learn to build a coop so she can take them in.)

Maybe next year, if I move, into another place--I think I'm done being a chicken-mommy for now. :(

I'm from Fairfield County, Easton! Seen a few people from here as well.
Currently have four hens, and getting 4 more! Anyone know any silkie hen breeders around here?

Who would like two more hens?
I cannot lose my last two to a raccoon/fox/fisher or whatever got my sweet Connie! Besides, my landlord asked me to get rid of them months ago (and it doesn't look like my sister in the Berkshires is really going to learn to build a coop so she can take them in.)

Maybe next year, if I move, into another place--I think I'm done being a chicken-mommy for now. :(
What breed ?

Back
Top Bottom