Connecticut!

Erica, if the coop is movable they probably will not care.  In other words do not pour a concrete slab or foundation for the coop.  The question I would be asking is; Are you allowed to have chickens how many and are roosters allowed?  What is your zoning where you live?  Are you surrounded by Farmland?

In Plainfield we are allowed to have a animal unit per 1/2 acre in RA-60 zones, per the town zoning regulations.  Our Regulations are in PDF format for ease of obtaining.  So hope this helps.

Good luck and welcome.

Thank u fuzzy! But yes I know that in Hamden we are allowed 6 hens and no roosters:) I'm happy with that iv just been stuck on the coop project that it's been holdin me back! Lol

Anyone in central CT feeding their flock organic foods? I know it's a bit early but looking for someone willing to get rid of their mostly organic chicken poop for my garden. Probably wouldn't need much.. maybe just to fill a 5 gallon bucket. I no longer own any chickens so my supply of poop is all gone. I'm trying to go as organic in my garden as I can without getting tooo crazy.

Hi everyone!
It's great to meet you all! I'm from Clinton, and I've owned chickens since last spring and become addicted to them, and this site. I enjoy reading all your posts and have learned so much. I just wanted to say hello and to start contributing.

Hi everyone!
It's great to meet you all! I'm from Clinton, and I've owned chickens since last spring and become addicted to them, and this site. I enjoy reading all your posts and have learned so much. I just wanted to say hello and to start contributing.

Hi Mike,
I'm from Old Lyme, but now living in Tucson, AS. I miss the Shoreline!

hi, I posted this in the wrong place before, hopefully I get it right this time

i'm been on here for a while but never posted. i love the site and i've gone here first for any issues with my chickens, so this is where i hope i can post about my rooster problem. i hatched this guy from a RIR rooster i had last year and an Ameracauna hen. I know there's a lot of questions about ameracauna/americana/easter egger, but i bought her from a poultry farmer who sold her to me as an Ameracauna. She does lay greenish/blue eggs. I hatched two of her eggs last spring and got a hen and a rooster (the one in question here). The hen also lays greenish/blue eggs, so i'm thinking any chicks hatched from my rooster would also lay greenish/blue eggs. Maybe? the gene is clearly there, but i'm not entirely sure of the genetics to be honest.

Anyways, i love this rooster, but i'd like to get rid of him. my coop is kind of crowded, and he's treading the hens and has left one of them with a naked back already. he is AWESOME with people. not at all aggressive, will eat out of my hand, and he waits until nearly 7am each morning to start crowing. That's much later than the one i had before, who would start at like 4am.

please post here or message me if you're interested in taking him. i want him to go to a nice home and not be culled, so i hope you'd be honest about your intentions. he's about 9 months old now. in the pictures below you can see his mother (the all-white hen) and his sister (light brown with gray tail feathers)

Are chickens allowed in shelton? A friend wants to know.
Also TSC is opening in Orange in September on Indian River Rd

I don't know of anyone personally but I know of plenty of people who have them. I work in Shelton often and hear roosters all the time. Not sure if there are ordinances dependent on how much land you have to have though.

You made my night with that news about TSC

Hey all! New on here! I'll be getting my flock next month! Just getting 6 chicks for now as my town (Manchester) only allows 12 total. Going with 2-RIR's, 2-SLW, and 2-BLW! Can't wait to share pictures with you all!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom