Connecticut!

Pics
Quote:
Welcome to the forum!!
I would def check with zoning in your town. I live in Deep River just outside of the city limits. I am allowed 20 chickens here but they don't go by acreage. It would be awful to go to the expense of getting set up and getting attached to your chicks and then having to re-home if you couldn't keep them.
sad.png

Hi All,

I'm in Cheshire, CT. Just a small time chicken head--1 R.I. Rooster and uses to have 4 hens--now down to 3, including the one thats badly injured:(. I have a great chicken ICU set-up tho and have learned so much about chicken first aid in the last 2 days. I found this site by doing research for first aid--its great...this site.

Im in Durham--I have quite a few. I have looked through all the laws, only thing it says is how housing has to be 30ft from property line (which it is not
smile.png
). LOTS of chickens around here...and sheep...and goats....and horses...and cows.....and donkeys....

Good luck in your chicken ventures! I would think you would be safe, but as someone said, you can never tell in CT!

Quote:
I didn't know chickens were allowed in Cheshire. Nice. Welcome.

We are two towns over in Beacon Falls and my kid goes to school in Cheshire.
I pass through every day.

Hey purple,

They are not--unless you have 3 acres--I dont so shhhh. its a secret...well not to my neighbors because I have a very loud Roo that was suppose to be a hen??? He's just beautiful--but loud. I'm dreading when the day comes when someone complains or something--there is a farm right behind my yard so they already said I could just move the coop back a bit into their yard. i have bunnies too--well I rescued them from a high kill shelter and will foster them until I find homes for them. I hav been all over the place finding first aid items for one of my hens--maybe we can swap chicken stores, etc?

Cari

Quote:
We have bunnies too. As for chickens we have 65 right now. The town allows 20.
We cull our roosters out of respect for neighbors and a to have a supply of chicken
that doesn't come through factory farms.

Good luck on your injured hen. I have an unopened bag of Terramycin if you need any.
I'd love to see it go to use.

My inlaws live in Cheshire too, near the intesection of 68 & 70. We are on 42 on the
Bethany line.

Welcome Neighbor. PM me anytime you need anything.

Don

Quote:
Gee Kristin,I was thinking the same thing. It's lonely here in the northeast corner!

There's a couple of us but I was feeling outnumbered. I'm in North Windham. How 'bout you if you don't mind sharing?

Quote:
Gee Kristin,I was thinking the same thing. It's lonely here in the northeast corner!

There's a couple of us but I was feeling outnumbered. I'm in North Windham. How 'bout you if you don't mind sharing?

I'm in Killingly----the last outpost of Windham Country
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom