Connecticut!

We didn't loose power, Lucky us.. but a line went down across the street, it burned for about 12 hours. the road was shut down untill around noon when the power co. fixed the problem..
I opened the door to the coop, but the purple gang stayed inside untill late afternoon. It was reasonably warm today and the weather looks good for the week, so the snow should be gone soon.

we're still outta power, my husband runs to the house twice a day to fill up the wood stove so the cats and chickens stay warm, all the chickens will need a bath when we get our power back on

All of you without power are in my thoughts. What a mess! I know how hard it is to not have power....we were out for almost a week with Irene. I'm sorry you are all going through this.

hello.
out of power in my town. day 2. having to go back twice to the house to check on the animals. cant wait to get back to our house. we are staying at my mothers house. she has a generator. take care!

andrea-

this is my chicken run
sad.png
completely destroyed, i was gonna have it dug up and covered so my adults can run around some but i guess i cant do that any more
sad.png

105737_1030111556.jpg

105737_1030111555.jpg

at least my coops arent hurt and my chickens are ok since they're in my room in dog crates being smelly, everyone is gonna need a bath once we get power on, and who knows when that's gonna be. i hope before saturday!

Our run took a big hit too. We use existing trees for parts of the run and we had a big branch fall on it. It still contains the girls, but it's no longer tall enough to walk in. Oh well, could have been worse if the winds they predicted had happened. Is this supposed to be a bad snow year?

in spring i'll build a new one, they didnt use it much anyways but it kinda sucks for what i was planing for this winter. in spring i plan on building a huge one with a divider down each one so there wont be any mix breeding or unwanted breeding with my SQ silkies. it sucks but oh well i guess.
Quote:

im thinking it is, i have a big plan in my head for a new pen. im just very glad none of my coops got hit. it could of been worse good thing it wasnt.
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom