1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Conroe Texas Buddies?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bedste, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Pigeon442001

Pigeon442001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Slaton
    Quote:Is this at the Southeast Texas State Fair? I am really interested in going to a local show.

Yes that is were it is at

2. Bedste

Bedste Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    I use Diatamatious Earth on a regular basis. I sprinkle it in the hen house and when it is dry weather, I leave a large bowl in the chicken yard for the girls to dust bathe in. I also add some to their food containers. Henderson Feed on HWY 105 in Conroe carries it. She has a huge 50 lb bag for $24. It last for months. She will order it when I am out if she does not have any on the shelf if I call her.
    Maybe your feed store would do that also.

Check out http://beautifulchickens.blogspot.com/ for lots of tips. My DF created a wonderful Blog to talk about all things chicken and it is such a neat sight.

3. loftkeeper10

loftkeeper10 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2009
    Ther Will Be A Poultry Show In College Station In January I Believe

4. Pigeon442001

Pigeon442001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Slaton
    There will be a Pigeon show Nov 14th at Cut & shoot If any one has pigeons that they would like to show just let me know

5. DayKay

DayKay Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2009
    I'm brand new to the forum, and over here in B-CS!

6. Kacey's Krazee's

Kacey's Krazee's Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Normangee, Texas
    Howdy DayKay!

Let me be the first to welcome you!

[​IMG]

We live fairly close to each other I believe! I live outside of Normangee, neat Hill Top Lakes.
    My DH and myself are very new to chickens, as we recieved our first chicks on 9-2. Watching them grow up to be
    chickens is pretty entertaining, and currently listening to their voices change from peeps to clucks... pretty funny!

Enjoy the Forum, it's a wonderful place to be!

Kacey

7. skillet_scramble

skillet_scramble Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2009
    SE Texas or Angola
    Hey we are in Vidor just East of Beaumont. We have friends in Conroe, Montgomery and Plantersville.

8. Kacey's Krazee's

Aug 8, 2009
    Normangee, Texas
    Howdy there!
    Welcome to BYC !!!

[​IMG]

I think my next job is going to be a Wal Mart Greeter !!

Would you like a cart?

This place really is great. My husband also spends a lot of time on here getting ideas for chicken coops and laying boxes currently. He has been bitten by the
    chicken bug pretty badly too. We were thinking of 6-8 birds, and we currently have 24... and thinking about more!! It's a horrible illness !!

Kacey

[​IMG]

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe pasofinofarm is either in Conroe or Conroy? is there both?

10. Kacey's Krazee's

Aug 8, 2009
    Normangee, Texas
    I'm not sure if it's the same Pasofino farm in Conroe that you are thinking of, but I believe there is a small place on Stidham Rd, just outside the city limits of Conroe that raise them. Not sure about Conroy, it's not in the same location..... I don't think their name was Pasofino Farm either.... but I believe they may have those horses there.
    I am not much help sorry....

[​IMG]

Kacey

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by