Considering Mixing Flock breeds/ages

The penalty is a few thousand $ fine and 6 months jail time 😬 I don’t want to risk going over. I do live in a bit of a snobby suburban neighborhood in the city, to be fair 😂
Yikes! Definately not something to risk. You make a good call. In this case I wouldn't suggest introducing any new chickens in your flock, and if you're going to giving a young chick to a broody hen may be the best way...because I think it gives the new chicken a sort of standing in the flock as the presumed chick of the hen, but I would check with others before attempting this, especially since one lone chick sometimes doesn't do too well as far as pecking order either. Introducing one adult chicken or pullet would be more risky I think, but it could be done....carefully...

I’ll never understand the chicken-hate that a lot of cities have :( All of my neighbors’ kids and dogs are much louder (and some stinkier too 🤷🏻‍♀️)
IKR...it's just they think of chickens as livestock and livestock don't belong in the city in their opinion...they also worry about the problems instead of thinking of the benefits. If whole cities banned dogs or cats there would be an outcry!

Back
Top Bottom