Consolidated Kansas

Our newest addition, we have not picked out a name yet.

I so love all the frizzled! Mine tend to be the most spoiled since they cant really fly and i end up babying them up and down off the perches
thumbsup.gif

That is an enormous list of birds - I am just sick about it. I think we all need to be on the lookout for someone trying to profit from birds matching this description and hope that they are caught. Do you know if they were banded? That would help in identification....

That is just sad & awful for someone to steal so many expensive birds like that. They had to know what they were looking for to get so many rare breeds. I hope they get caught & punished.

Oh wow... lots of expensive birds!!! And this is only a partial list. Who in the world would steal someone's birds? To steal all these birds, it had to take a while so i assume the owner must be gone for a bit and the thief took advantage of it. This is just not right!!! To top it off, the little boy's favorite duck was also taken. I'm just sick knowing that her son is heart broken!! I hope the thief is caught and go to jail! :mad:

frow.gif
I'm back!! Did you miss me? Wow all most 100 pages of posts. I may have to wait to read all those. Oh, I am getting around on my new computer, the old one ended up having motherboard problems and was going to cost more to fix than a new one. So I went from Vista to windows 8! Sure is new and different. I will keep my eyes out for any unusual listings of birds. Who ever got all those birds had to have an idea of what was there, and when to strike. That takes planning and watching to be able to pull something off like that. Maybe someone that lurks. May have to be more careful. I don't know.
Welcome to all the newbies sure seems to be a lot. Hope to visit with everyone in time.
Danz, I have baby q-tips!! So I guess the boy grew up and new what he needed to do.

Our newest addition, we have not picked out a name yet.

Very pretty.

I'm worried sick my cat is missing and I have no idea where he could have gone
Hopefully he's just off on an adventure and will be home soon.

Well, I'm pretty sure I have three bantam roosters. One has crowed the last 2 days and the other 2 can't be far behind. Are you in the wichita area & could you use two roosters?

All

Not Renee but Jen's, here is a partial list of what is missing. I am just sick heartbroken for her. When she gets more of a list i will post.

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]That's just a partial list?! It's awful that someone would do that. [/FONT]

frow.gif
I'm back!! Did you miss me?

Of course!

All

Not Renee but Jen's, here is a partial list of what is missing. I am just sick heartbroken for her. When she gets more of a list i will post.

MISSING BIRDS FROM REVOLUTIONMAMA RANCH STOLEN ON
MAY 11TH
FROM ., LAWRENCE, KS

1 JUBILEE ENGLISH ORPINGTON ROOSTER
2 BLACK ENGLISH ORPINGTON HENS
1 BLACK ENGLISH ORPINGTON ROOSTER
4 CHOCOLATE ENGLISH ORPINGTON HENS
1 WHEATON Ameraucana ROOSTER
1 BLACK Ameraucana ROOSTER
2 CHOCOLATE Ameraucana HENS
4 BLACK Ameraucana juvenileS
2 CREAM LEGBAR juvenileS
TRIO OF RED SUSSEX
2 CORONATION HENS
3 BUFF SUSSEX HENS
1 BUFF SUSSEX ROOSTER
2 LAVENDER ORPINGTON HENS 1 ENGLISH / 1 AMERICAN
1 LAVENDER ORPINGTON ROOSTER
5 PURE BLACK HENS
5 BLACK/GOLD/SILVER ROOSTERS
PAIR OF GOLD LACED BRAHMA'S
1 BUFF LACED BRAHMA ROOSTER
4 SWEDISH FLOWER HENS
2 SWEDISH FLOWER HEN ROOSTERS
PAIR OF BLUE ISBARS
10 HEDEMORA CHICKENS LOTS OF COLORS
2 ADULT INDIAN RUNNER DUCKS - GREY AND THE OTHER IS WHITE

2 JUVENILE PEKIN DUCKS
1 JUVENILE RUNNER DUCK MY SONS FAVORITE BIRD, HE WAS BROUGHT TO TEARS WHEN I TOLD HIM

THERE ARE MORE, I JUST WANTED TO GET THE LIST OUT THERE
This had to be someone who knows your operation. Was this done at night or broad daylight? I would be attending every Poultry swap and auction within 50 miles, because I doubt that they plan to spend money for feed. Also I would Post this list on every Craigs list within 150 miles.

Last edited:
Everyone, just a heads up that there were chicken thefts in the Lawrence /McClouth area this weekend of very NICE birds, includes newly imported breeds, south americans and English orpington lines. Please be on the lookout for anyone who suddenly has a very large flock of rare birds.
Jenn, RevolutionMama Ranch

That is an enormous list of birds - I am just sick about it. I think we all need to be on the lookout for someone trying to profit from birds matching this description and hope that they are caught. Do you know if they were banded? That would help in identification....
Jenn was living in an apartment and had her birds out at the old farm she used to rent. I can NOT imagine going out there to feed and seeing none of your birds left! It's nuts!! It's likely someone she's done business with before, is my guess. Otherwise, how would they know what she had, and how would they know they were WORTH stealing.... A lot of people think a chicken is a chicken, which wasn't the case with hers. :(

frow.gif
I'm back!! Did you miss me? Wow all most 100 pages of posts. I may have to wait to read all those. Oh, I am getting around on my new computer, the old one ended up having motherboard problems and was going to cost more to fix than a new one. So I went from Vista to windows 8! Sure is new and different. I will keep my eyes out for any unusual listings of birds. Who ever got all those birds had to have an idea of what was there, and when to strike. That takes planning and watching to be able to pull something off like that. Maybe someone that lurks. May have to be more careful. I don't know.
Welcome to all the newbies sure seems to be a lot. Hope to visit with everyone in time.
Danz, I have baby q-tips!! So I guess the boy grew up and new what he needed to do.
I missed you!!! So glad your computer is fixed!! That is why I think they knew her-- they had to have known she wasn't living on the property.

Sheesh, I thought i had more time, but have to run! Got a LOT of stuff done yesterday and still have a big list of things to get done today. I think I can safely put to bed a couple of pressing matters. Hope those are now done and over with. On to more exciting things!

Going to list a cockerel-- he's not fully grown yet. Would make good eating if anyone is interested. I have a little pullet that probably should be laying by the end of summer up for grabs, too. Wichita area.

Frizzled Pink, I saw where you had put it on Chicken Chatter - have you thought about putting it on the poultry swap page as well? That seems the most likely place for someone trying to sell the birds.

Hawkeye, glad you are getting things under control!

Checoukan, we sure did miss you! How are you enjoying that new barn of yours?

I feel bad for my lone duckling. She is only 10 days old but already Mama has largely left her and gone off with the drakes most of the time. She even laid an egg yesterday. I was just thinking I was back in duck egg production when the fourth duck decided last evening that its time she had a turn at sitting so I guess the Mama duck will be the only one laying for awhile now. I need to figure out where I'm going to put the new broody duck and get her set up with some eggs today.

Last night I had my kids help me move my new pen from Deerfield down into my chicken run so it will get shade this afternoon from the hedge. It is supposed to be in the 90's today! Its hard to believe only a week ago I was worried about planting seedlings in case they got frozen overnight. Now I'm worried about chicks baking sitting in the sun so I feel better to know they will be shaded today.

It was so cute last night - my little 3 week old turkey poults slept on the roost with the chickens, instead of in the nest with their Mama. They are getting more and more independent and last night Mama went off by herself for awhile and left the little guys to their own devices for 30 minutes. I'm sure after 3 weeks of sitting and 3 weeks of non-stop parenting it was nice for her to have a little "me time".

It's a shame about Jen's birds. I am sure it is someone who had been there to buy or pretend to buy birds. Not to point fingers but I've heard some things. There is a poultry swap or auction in the Garnet area once in a while. At least once a month. I've heard a person involved in that is known for answering adds and then having birds stolen shortly after. In fact I believe that is what happened to one group of my birds that were stolen. If anyone is going to that swap it would be a good place to look. I may just send Jen a message and let her know what I've heard in the past.
the chain-link over chain-link part starts about 5ft up - no chance of a chicken being up there anyway, lol..
The bottom couple of feet has the hog panel in front of chain-link.....I'll check tonight when I get there to see if there might be a possibility of pulling one through - may have to add some hardware cloth to it??
Thanks for that info Hechicken! Coons & coyotes will actually be our biggest predator problem!
And Danz - this wont be a chick area, grown birds only! But WOW chicks walking through chicken wire?!?!?!
Yes! I had my areas separated in the brooder house by chicken wire and baby chicks would squeeze right through the wire.) Also had several broodies that hatched babies loose them cause they went through chicken wire and the hens weren't savvy on how to get to them.
When we get their yard fenced(it is now but not near adequately,) it will be 2X4 wire with a hot wire around top & bottom - should keep predators out! & if not -We will have 2 big dogs & a Shih tzu that do not like strangers who will be "patrolling" outside that fence and they will have a perimeter fence - Gidget might not be much of a fighter....but that little gal hears and sees, and barks at, an ant passing gas! And Duke can kill anything - even my rake!

So by the time we are done...something will have to get past 2 fences, with hot wires top and bottom & our highly trained special forces K9 team ( thinking about getting them tactical vest and gas masks :) just to get to the front of Fort Chicken and have a look at our babies!
You are so funny!!!
busy, crazy beautiful weekend. saturday filled with soccer games, 3 in all (daugther 1, son 2) soccer season is officially done until fall. Dh brought home 2 turkens and 1 frizzle. turkens are so ugly and cute at the same time, will be fun to watch them grow up they are 3 weeks old. my daughters polish died, she never fully recovered from getting to cold awhile back
hit.gif
Finally planted the garden, my plants were starting to take over the kitchen, and got the chicken coop and run cleaned out. I am loving this weather, I do believe spring is finally here
wee.gif
now trying to get my creative thougths going, i need to create a flier for our fire department, we are having a beer garden may 25 for Bison's 125th celebration. lots of actvities, music, childrens games, raffles, time capsul opening etc. i think i need one more cup of coffee, maybe that will help.
I hope it is spring and not summer that has arrived!!!
Quote:
frow.gif
So glad to see you back. I wondered where you went. I am so glad the polish finally decided to get with the program! That's awesome. How's the new barn working now? I am still jealous.

I came home last night and took 43 ducklings and 37 chicks out of the incubator. There are several more in there that have hatched since then. Holy cow! I need to get busy selling some birds!

Back
Top Bottom