Consolidated Kansas

I know it's not Poultry, but Cherrie normally does guard them from predators. She was having serious problems delivering her pups. (I had a little problem myself, as she weighed 150 pounds, on the vets scales.) She had a C-section on Friday the thirteenth. She was only carrying two puppies, but the placenta was toxic and only one survived. I told the vet to spade Cherrie, so that she won't go thru that again. She is over 5 years old, and that was her first delivery. I think I will keep the little female pup, and a good name for her would be Luckie.:cool:
cherrie01.JPG

Attachments

• cherrie01.JPG
    cherrie01.JPG
    336.3 KB · Views: 3
  • cherrie01.JPG
    cherrie01.JPG
    336.3 KB · Views: 4
  • cherrie01.JPG
    cherrie01.JPG
    336.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Cherrie.JPG
    Cherrie.JPG
    486.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Cherrie.JPG
    Cherrie.JPG
    486.5 KB · Views: 2
Danz, thank you for your advice on that chick yesterday. I was messing with him last night and it turns out, he can’t feel his left leg and can only feel his right a little. Poor little guy

Well, I went to check on the poor little guy and darn it if he wasn't standing up straight, wings in and then took a step. I have never been so happy to be wrong! His legs are still wrapped, as you suggested Dans, and we will continue to watch him.

@Ralph Moyer your girl is beautiful. Having puppies is so hard on them anyway. If she only had two they probably got huge. I'm glad she's okay now.
@rlh1 I'm glad your little chick is doing better. Glad to help. He sure was a pretty little thing. Your so lucky to have a daughter that really likes the birds. I could use a helper like that. Maybe when my granddaughters get older they'll want to come help. Yeh right! City girls!
I haven't been getting notifications for CS. This whole thing just doesn't operate as well as the old format did. I've been so busy lately. I've been moving pens. building pens, putting in fence, and putting out tons of feed. I'm at the point now I'm done hatching for a while unless I'm filling an order. I can't handle this pace for long.

It's been a busy hatching season so far for me. I have a lot of chicks I need people to come get for orders. People seem to think you can hang onto their chicks forever & I can't because I have more hatches coming & then things get crowded, which isn't good for the chicks. Those little cheeps start sucking down the food too after the first 3 or 4 days. It gets expensive to keep feeding them.

Back
Top Bottom