Consolidated Kansas

Thanks Trish. I'm pretty excited about him. Thank goodness for some local friends and @HEChicken . I would have never made it through the first day without their help.
I've been working on my water system this afternoon and it's so hot. Nothing has gone right so far. Lots and lots of leaks. Dumb things!

happy-4th-of-july-amazing-colorful-fireworks-animated-gif-pic.gif

Attachments

• happy-4th-of-july-amazing-colorful-fireworks-animated-gif-pic.gif
    happy-4th-of-july-amazing-colorful-fireworks-animated-gif-pic.gif
    974.3 KB · Views: 0
NewWolf I love watching chicks free ranging for the first time. Hopefully soon I'll be able to enjoy some of that. It's just too hot right now to stand out there watching and I have too much to do.
Ghostnuke congrats on your first egg. I remember what excitement that can be. Even when I start with a new breed it's always a thrill to see that very first egg!
Wow I swore I wouldn't complain about the heat after this past winter but this is insane. I've never been more miserable than I've been recently ....for so long at a time. It would be so awesome to have some lower temps and less humidity. My laundry expense is climbing just because I have to change clothes more often.

@Ghostnuke congrats on your first egg! I agree with Danz, it's always exciting to see your first egg no matter which first it is.

@NewWolf you have some nice Faverolles. I used to raise them but sold them quite some time ago because they didn't sell well. I really liked them though, they were really friendly birds.

I'm just trying to get through this heat, it's about to do me in. It's so hard to get things done when it's so darned hot. I feel sorry for all of the birds & animals out there too.

Our chicks have discovered our mulberry tree. They will shove each other out of the way just to get to the berrys. We have discovered chicken crack!!!

I've cut mulberry trees down for years cause they are so invasive and then the birds leave purple poop on everything. Maybe I should reconsider and let some of them grow. Any free bird food is good. I was always told as a kid that Poke was poison as well as reading about it. But my chickens love poke berries and it doesn't seem to bother them. So weird.

I've cut mulberry trees down for years cause they are so invasive and then the birds leave purple poop on everything. Maybe I should reconsider and let some of them grow. Any free bird food is good. I was always told as a kid that Poke was poison as well as reading about it. But my chickens love poke berries and it doesn't seem to bother them. So weird.
Ours now go straight to the tree

Back
Top Bottom