Consolidated Kansas

I only have a couple of golden Polish roosters for sale. I have started some eggs in the incubator, but no chicks yet. I started last year with a trio of golden and a trio of black and white Polish, last year. I am located in the NW corner of Cherokee, county.
I'm only looking for pullets and hens. I should've included that in my other post. If or when you get hens, I would definitely be interested!

I had polish several years ago in a wide range of colors. But I ended up selling them cause they were just awful producers. Then I raised some show quality white over black bantam cochins for a few years and sold them to someone who shows birds. Seems i just put a lot of food into them for very little production.
But the crevacoeurs and the sultans are total laying fools. They were young and started laying this fall and laid all winter. They are still cranking out the eggs. I had a bit of time before I found a good sultan rooster. I had one but he never was fertile. Since I was using those breeds for a breeding project I just put a crevacoeur in with the sultans. It's amazing the different colors and feature they each have. I call them my salt and peppers because you have every thing from white to speckled, to gray, to black show up. Some with feathered legs and some without. And some with 5 toes and some with 4.
I was going to take a picture of two I have in here and the battery died on my camera. Gotta charge it before I take more pictures.
That sounds cool! I have one Sultan mix hen, and she has never laid an egg

I am sure I have several pullets. The strange thing about it is for the breeding project I will be using the ones that actually would be considered the poorest quality. No beards, not much head fluff, feathered legs and hopefully just 4 toes instead of 5 on the mixes. On the Crevacoeur I will be choosing the poorest ones again for my breeding project, but will also choose some I feel are the closest to the standard for future pure Crevacoeur breeding. But I have a bunch of them so I will have plenty to sell. Got my battery charged so I took a picture of the two I have in here right now. Terrible lighting in this room at night so the quality really sucks.
This is Salt
salt.jpg

This is Pepper
pepper.jpg

That's a feather out of place near Pepper's beak

I haven't been on to post in awhile, just been really busy. I agree with everyone, I'm not getting notifications either. It seems like it's been like that every since they did their site update. I'm getting my first chicks hatched & out for orders for the season. The first hatches haven't been the best, I hope they improve as I go. That's usually how it is in early spring. Anyway, Happy Easter to everyone!

My turkey eggs are developing nicely in the incubator. I will be looking for a new breed to start soon so I will have to come out and pick some you have for sale Verna
I'm still not getting notified of posts on here. I keep checking and it's set right but the notifications just aren't being sent.
I have a couple orders for turkeys but so far I am behind on orders. It didn't help I had a tray of half developed turkey eggs I had sat on a counter and candled, caught them with my shirt when I turned around and every last one of them landed on the floor and broke. It was very hard to deal with. All those little embryos dying before my eyes.:hit
But I would so love to see you again. It's been so long!!!

I'm still not getting notified of posts on here. I keep checking and it's set right but the notifications just aren't being sent.
I have a couple orders for turkeys but so far I am behind on orders. It didn't help I had a tray of half developed turkey eggs I had sat on a counter and candled, caught them with my shirt when I turned around and every last one of them landed on the floor and broke. It was very hard to deal with. All those little embryos dying before my eyes.:hit
But I would so love to see you again. It's been so long!!!
Oh no Danz! I bet that was so upsetting. Hopefully you are busy filling orders! That’s a good problem to have.

Back
Top Bottom