Consolidated Kansas

I'm about halfway between Topeka and Manhattan. I'm not in a big hurry, but I'm waiting to hear back from a guy in Manhattan right now. The testing looks pretty simple, but I'm not clear on whether I need to get certified to do it as part of the whole process. Right now I'm just looking to get answers to make sure I'm doing things properly and can continue to do so moving forward.
Certification is fairly simple. Actually doing it is a different matter. For one, you need equipment and the other part is the expense. It will cost you $30 a year to maintain your certification to test. The other part is the expense of the serum. Right now IF you can find the serum it is costing about $212 a bottle. Plus it needs to be shipped over night and kept cold. I do have some extra serum I could sell you if you decide to do your own testing.

@Sierra G you do need to take the test & get certified. The test is pretty easy if you read the material. But as chicken danz said you will have to have the equipment & the serum & the problem is that the bottle is for 1000 tests so unless you have that many birds or plan to test other people's birds it's not worth the cost. If you can just get the state tester to come out since you're close that might be your best bet. I don't know how busy they are at the moment.

Anyone still hanging around Kansas with fun fowl?
I have 9 Ducks does that count?
055674D6-9DE8-46CC-94CE-B044A770E9DE.jpeg

Oh my god they're gorgeous!
Thanks. I have a silver Swedish female, blue Swedish female, production Rouen female, Aylesbury female, golden welsh harlequin female, silver welsh harlequin female, silver appleyard drake, Pekin female, production Rouen drake( he maybe a production Rouen/khaki Campbell Mix but not sure). Just from my 7 females I have gotten over 400 eggs this year and it’s mostly Been from the last couple months!

Back
Top Bottom