Consolidated Kansas

Quote:
went thru that too in one of the pens-2x4 wire and lined with hardware cloth. He had a chukar pen lined with three layers of wire a layer of chicken wire 2x4 welded wire then quarter inch hardware cloth and, he lost his beautiful chukar.

I think a 22 long in the head would fix that raccoon! I keep telling Daren he needs one of my dogs. The coons wouldn't bother coming around then.

yeah I want one of your dogs but neither of us are ready for a pup and all the expenses that comes with it-I took care of several GP's when I was a vet tech and love the breed, we are just both responsible pet owners and want to make sure we have plenty of money and time before getting any other pup right now-not to mention all that puppy training and work
th.gif
.I just lost both my 18 yr olds back in Jan -my Brittany the awesome hunting boy Jake and my over enthusiastic but would go get anything out of the water for you Black Lab Rowan, cant believe they both made it til 18 but as soon as one went the other went 2 weeks later. Between our 2 dogs we have all we can handle at the moment

Quote:
I think a 22 long in the head would fix that raccoon! I keep telling Daren he needs one of my dogs. The coons wouldn't bother coming around then.

yeah I want one of your dogs but neither of us are ready for a pup and all the expenses that comes with it-I took care of several GP's when I was a vet tech and love the breed, we are just both responsible pet owners and want to make sure we have plenty of money and time before getting any other pup right now-not to mention all that puppy training and work
th.gif
.I just lost both my 18 yr olds back in Jan -my Brittany the awesome hunting boy Jake and my over enthusiastic but would go get anything out of the water for you Black Lab Rowan, cant believe they both made it til 18 but as soon as one went the other went 2 weeks later. Between our 2 dogs we have all we can handle at the moment

are you talking about a Great Pyrenees? Don't those things eat more than a horse?! ha! Sorry to hear about your two older dogs. Sounds like they were getting fabulous care if they lived that long! Testament to your devotion!
smile.png

I knew Daren didn't have room for a dog. I only have one pup left anyway.( All of the others sold within one week just by word of mouth. I kept trying to put an add on Craigslist but some AH flags me every time regardless of how I post or under what. I just stopped trying.) I love the Pyrenees breed. They are loving and sweet but protect the place to a T. I have all of my domestic birds free ranging and don't even shut the pens at night some times when they go to bed. I know they are safe.
Sure hope Daren gets his coon problem resolved. I have a plethora of pheasants for him.
I can't believe your dogs lived that long. I have some cats that are 14 years old right now. You sure wouldn't know it other than cloudy eyes and some gray hair. The life span for these big dogs isn't that long. Maybe 10 years or so.

Last edited:
Actually Loralee. they don't eat much especially when it is hot. And they would almost rather have grain and stuff I feed the birds as dog food. Crazy dogs! Now when had 10 puppies here they went through a ton of food.

Quote:
What do you have left?

What he said! I'm soooo tempted to just say bring me your leftover pup!! Will you be allowing another litter ever? My big dog is pretty old now, and it's time to let him and the little old matriarch start training a new dog in the next year or so.

I have one female pup left. She was the last born and was smaller than the rest. She is an awesome smart pup. (9 weeks old) She is already taking her poultry protection job seriously. She's been napping with the chickens. It is so cute to watch them interact.
No I won't be breeding again. I love my dogs, particularly my female. She had 10 pups and this was her first litter. It just wore her out. As soon as she gets some weight back on, she and my male are going to get fixed. That is what I am using the puppy money for. She was an excellent Mom but I'm not going to use her to make money. She earns her keep with the work she does. I only bred her because I think females need to have one litter before they are fixed. It adds to their maturity. Here's a pic of the pup I took about a week ago. She had been in the water with the ducks and then laid in the mud.

Quote:
OMG- that pup is ADORABLE!!!! But I love dogs, anyway. Although, I'm a bit skittish with larger dogs. Incident when I was a kid, got bit on the head- and I still get a little freaked out around anything larger than a Lab. I have two little indoor doggies- one is a shihtzu and the other is a 6 lb Pomeranian. Those are big enough for me.
wink.png
hehe!! Although- they would be terrible with chickens, I'm sure. They both look at my little Seymore (baby turkey) like he's the 'Today's Special' on the menu for tonight. Seymore is in the house for the later part of the day when it gets up above 103 right now and he's in a large wire dog crate. The turkey looks like he's fascinated with them and happily chirps to them. The dogs, however look like they'd be happy if only he'd come out of his cage. They've actually calmed down in the last couple of days and ignore him now, but I wouldn't trust them.

ChickiKat- LOVE LOVE LOVE your polish hen!!!! omg, so pretty! I'm going to get several of those. I'll throw in a few large egg layers, but the Polish is really why I want chickens!
smile.png
That is really a great picture of her. Is she really sweet? The ones we had when I was a kid were all very docile and super sweet. They would come up to you! My baby turkey is on par with what I'm thinking the Polish will (should) behave like- he follows me everywhere and wants to be held and gets on my feet to nag me to pet him.

Back
Top Bottom