Consolidated Kansas

hawkeye---Do you have the oxytet? If you do, you need to give 1/4 cc--no more, in the breast.... NOW!!! Do not turn the heat light back on, and keep them out of the drafts, no direct breeze blowing into the garage.
hmm.png

Trish44- LOL YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

TODAY I WAKE UP HAVING ALL MY FAMILIES, MY FRIENDS HERE ON BYC AND OFF, MY CHICKENS, MY DOGS, MY HAMSTERS, MY FISHES.. AND MANY PEOPLE WHO COME ACROSS MY LIFE AND MAKE MY LIFE FULLER.. SO YES ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE I POST ANYTHING. BUT YOU GUYS ARE ON MY MIND. SO I JUMPED ON TO MY LAPTOP TO SAY.. I'M VERY GREATFUL TO HAVE YOU GUY PART OF MY LIFE.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GUYS!!
hugs.gif

Quote:
I don't have the Oxytet!
sad.png
I'm so worried! I called my farm store- they don't have it either. So out of sheer panic, I called my DH's cousin who raises show pigeons- he shows world wide, and goes to the middle east once a year for their show. ANyway, he is going to get me Doxycycline today at Thanksgiving. He said he'll give me enough for 3 days and then I need to get the other stuff during that time. I'll talk to him on where to find it- I'm at a loss! I'm like sweating here and in total panic mode. I hope this Doxycycline stuff he's giving me works. He also said I could give Amoxicilin, but that it's just not near as effective. He told me that the Duramycin binds with calcium-- which is in their daily feed and it makes it totally ineffective!! So Duramycin won't work at all unless you switch feeds to scratch or something that has no calcium. HOly heck-- who knew all this stuff?! *Sigh* I can't wait to see him today. He initially told me to bring a bird and he'd teach me how to pop pills down them- told me not to get it in the windpipe. Then he called back and said to forget that, he'd just give me the Doxy. I sure hope these little guys make it.

I don't ask, but I believe it becomes coonskin. Trap was put within 50 yds of my birds; set on a moments notice at 6pm last night & already caught one - bettin there's more.

Quote:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
We have sand, but no hills
smile.png

Quote:
Kool!!!! Take the darn thing out to the sand hills or something a long ways from anywhere, I'm sure you can find a place like that out west!

Hawkeye-I gave my little hen LA200 1/4cc into the breast meat. She is doing much better, but we still have her under observation. I would have given her an injection of the baytril, but I don't have any (yet). Also, get online and order some VetRx. Smith's poultry supply carries it and they ship very fast. If you order it early tomorrow you might have it on Saturday. I put some on a Q-Tip and smear it on their comb, beak and around their face a little. It acts as a decongestant. I believe that "yawning" motion they make is because they are congested, kind of like when you have a stuffy nose and can't get air through it.

I have my little hen in a wire dog kennel in the house. She is rather entertaining. She is feeling better, so she is "talking" a lot more. We actually let her out and let her wander around over under my husband's double-yellow headed parrot's cage. He throws a lot of his food around, so there were a few interesting tidbits for her to look around for. She has become very tame and likes to sit on my hand, my foot or my lap. I guess I would say she is my first "pet" chicken. I've raised quite a few chickens, but I've been lucky and have never had any sickness with them, other than treating chicks for mild ailments. Treating sick chickens is a pretty new ball game for me.

Back
Top Bottom