Consolidated Kansas

Danz, Thanks, Danz! I will have an easy time making it a great week with things going so well outside. We are working hard prepping for my family reunion and it's really been quite enjoyable. I think I'll hold the reunion every year so we can get projects wrapped up around here! I'm sorry to hear you had more rain. We had some rain too, but we had dried out pretty much already so it wasn't a problem. I'm sorry about your vegies. I know you'll miss those, if you can't get anything going.

I'm candling my 2nd shipped batch of Aloha eggs today. This was a box that was dented in shipping and 4 of the eggs were broken. I so hope I end up with something out of the group anyway. I would love to have some chicks for all the kids coming to the family reunion to see. I spoke with my uncle last night and he's excited to see what I've done with the place. He was over the moon that we had cobbler from our own cherry trees. Made me miss my mom. This is her brother so he's into this stuff too. He's thrilled that I have ducks and turkeys also. I'm very excited to show him everything.

My little doggie, Jorgie, is a sad pup this morning. He got a bur of some sort in between the pads on his paw on the only back leg that works well. He had surgery to correct some serious arthritis in the other leg but it still isn't something he wants to continually bear weight on and it's been a couple years. Poor little guy... off to the veterinary.

Anderson, Silver-laced Wyandottes would be my guess too. Looks like the comb may be a pea comb, rather than the single. Happy New Birdies to you!
big_smile.png

Danz, Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the rain will pass you by. Oh I would so love to have a Bobcat! That is the coolest thing ever, I forgot to take a look at it while I was there. Hope you find the bucket you're looking for.

WoW! Have we been slow movers today after all that processing. But here is what my 13 year old DS made for us today. The pound cake was for my birthday strawberry shortcake and he also made real whipped cream. Also today, he and oldest DD picked the cherries from our own tree and made two cherry cobblers. I had a bit while it was still warm and it was heavenly. The strawberry shortcake was too!

So pretty!

Yum, those look delicious! I'm glad you're enjoying your birthday week. I think that's cool you get to have a whole week to do fun things like that. Oh & congrats on picking the cherries from your tree. We have a cherry tree but the birds get them every year before we can even get any.

Danz, Thanks, Danz! I will have an easy time making it a great week with things going so well outside. We are working hard prepping for my family reunion and it's really been quite enjoyable. I think I'll hold the reunion every year so we can get projects wrapped up around here! I'm sorry to hear you had more rain. We had some rain too, but we had dried out pretty much already so it wasn't a problem. I'm sorry about your vegies. I know you'll miss those, if you can't get anything going.

I'm candling my 2nd shipped batch of Aloha eggs today. This was a box that was dented in shipping and 4 of the eggs were broken. I so hope I end up with something out of the group anyway. I would love to have some chicks for all the kids coming to the family reunion to see. I spoke with my uncle last night and he's excited to see what I've done with the place. He was over the moon that we had cobbler from our own cherry trees. Made me miss my mom. This is her brother so he's into this stuff too. He's thrilled that I have ducks and turkeys also. I'm very excited to show him everything.

My little doggie, Jorgie, is a sad pup this morning. He got a bur of some sort in between the pads on his paw on the only back leg that works well. He had surgery to correct some serious arthritis in the other leg but it still isn't something he wants to continually bear weight on and it's been a couple years. Poor little guy... off to the veterinary.
Good luck with your Aloha eggs, I hope you get some chicks from the eggs, darned postal service anyway. I hope we can continue to have eggs shipped though because I will be in deep problems otherwise. I never can find what I'm looking for local enough to get it around here & have to have eggs shipped in. Now that I'm NPIP I'm even more restricted.

I'm sorry about your doggie, I hope he feels better soon, they're just a member of the family. My little Yorkie has that collapsing trachea problem & we have to severely restrict her diet because if she gains too much weight she has even more problems breathing. I have a hard time with DH giving her too much food.

I have 20 guinea keets leaving this afternoon, whew those little things are just pigs. I'll be glad when they're gone for sure. I have a few new ones I'm keeping for myself in hopes of getting more females for breeding. I could have used twice as many eggs as I had this year. It seems like I get an awful lot of males every time. The extra males will just end up out on tick patrol & the females will be breeders. Keep your fingers crossed I have some females in this group!

My cherries aren't quite ready to pick but with a couple warm days they will be. It's never good timing cause I always have a million things to do aside from that this time of year. I just found out last night I am having some company Thursday which means I have to clean this poor ignored house. Poop! There goes the two days they aren't forecasting rain. They put more rain in the forecast again last night. Now it's Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They are also saying there will be flash flood warnings again especially on Friday. I bought some more seed and some Sweet potato plants yesterday. Figures! I really need to just take the roundup to the garden now. The weeds have taken over. I really need a super fast acting weed killer at this point. Not sure what is eating what little is out there but the few plants that survived the water sitting out there are eaten up by something.
I should just give up but I sure would like to have some fresh garden goods at least for the birds to eat.

One more on Identifying type and I will stop asking. Have 4 of these type. Are they wyndottes as well??? These were the others from the Atwoods purchase listed as "mini-bantams"

Noprre
One more on Identifying type and I will stop asking. Have 4 of these type. Are they wyndottes as well??? These were the others from the Atwoods purchase listed as "mini-bantams"
Nope those aren't Wyandottes at all. They could be Silver Phoenix bantams and they both look like cockerels at this point.
Keep asking questions. That is why we are here. I wish I'd had a place to go to look for valid information when I first got started.

Had to run down to Texas for an unknown amount of time, I'll check in properly in the next couple days. For now my mom would like some advice, is this lav orp a male or female?
20150609_194554_zpscqiq1m4r.jpg

20150609_194545_zpsyaahch1v.jpg

Also, one of the chicks I hatched may 13th is maybe 1/3 the size of the rest of the chicks I hatched. I gave her to my mom a couple weeks ago and she really just hasn't seemed to grow. She is a barnyard mix, rumpless but that is all I know. She hatched the same couple days as the ones around her, do any of you have any sort of idea what could be going on? She is the one in middle on the bottom that blends into the shavings.
20150609_195759_zpstf1yllzz.jpg

Any help would be good, trying to get as much off mama's shoulders as possible.

Noprre
Nope those aren't Wyandottes at all. They could be Silver Phoenix bantams and they both look like cockerels at this point.
Keep asking questions. That is why we are here. I wish I'd had a place to go to look for valid information when I first got started.

Thanks dan, i keep trying to get this all down and was at least hopeful i was close :) anyways it was a good shot and learning it.

I truly am grateful to everyone on here for all the help, and down the road look forward to being able to return the knowledge to new fresh minds.

Back
Top Bottom