Consolidated Kansas

It's been crazy for me the last two weeks. My house got broken into then the basement flooded. My oldest son (16 years old). Started his first job yesterday and then prom on the 12th. We lost our beloved pet if 13 years . I'm about to pull my hair out.

Its been awhile since I've posted and I haven't been getting any alerts...I thought the group was just quiet. I do have a quick question. Is it normal for my hen to want to roost at night on top of the coop? Now the coop is the type you buy from a farm supply store. Should I put up another roosting bar by the roof for her to sit on? She is safe sitting outside since we fenced in a large area around the coop.

Just wanted to pop in and say "hi" so I can get thread alerts. Native Kansas here who spent the last 15 years or so in Missouri but I'm back. We had 6 hens in suburban KC before we moved to the new home on 4.5 acres. Currently have 25ish birds and am adding some ducks in May! Glad to be on the KS thread :)
Welcome @lutherpug . I've not been getting notifications of posts again. Glad you are with us. Feel free to tell us more about yourself and your new mini-farm.
Welcome @lutherpug!

Hello guys, I haven't been getting alerts for this thread for quite awhile... Anyway, I have a question. Do any of you know of breeders that sell polish in SE Kansas? I've been trying to find some polish for awhile, so a friend gave me the idea to post it on here. Thanks!
I don't know of anyone who has polish that breeds them locally any more. I do have a bounty of crevecoerus and sultan crosses and will also will have several pure crevecoeurs available as soon as I pick the ones I want to keep for breeding. These are all young birds from chicks to a few months old. I'll try to get some pictures ready later to show you.
@michelleml , so sorry about your break-in. You certainly have your share of awful luck.

Welcome @lutherpug . I've not been getting notifications of posts again. Glad you are with us. Feel free to tell us more about yourself and your new mini-farm.

I don't know of anyone who has polish that breeds them locally any more. I do have a bounty of crevecoerus and sultan crosses and will also will have several pure crevecoeurs available as soon as I pick the ones I want to keep for breeding. These are all young birds from chicks to a few months old. I'll try to get some pictures ready later to show you.
@michelleml , so sorry about your break-in. You certainly have your share of awful luck.
Thanks Danz! :hugs

Welcome @lutherpug!

Hello guys, I haven't been getting alerts for this thread for quite awhile... Anyway, I have a question. Do any of you know of breeders that sell polish in SE Kansas? I've been trying to find some polish for awhile, so a friend gave me the idea to post it on here. Thanks!
I only have a couple of golden Polish roosters for sale. I have started some eggs in the incubator, but no chicks yet. I started last year with a trio of golden and a trio of black and white Polish, last year. I am located in the NW corner of Cherokee, county.

I had polish several years ago in a wide range of colors. But I ended up selling them cause they were just awful producers. Then I raised some show quality white over black bantam cochins for a few years and sold them to someone who shows birds. Seems i just put a lot of food into them for very little production.
But the crevacoeurs and the sultans are total laying fools. They were young and started laying this fall and laid all winter. They are still cranking out the eggs. I had a bit of time before I found a good sultan rooster. I had one but he never was fertile. Since I was using those breeds for a breeding project I just put a crevacoeur in with the sultans. It's amazing the different colors and feature they each have. I call them my salt and peppers because you have every thing from white to speckled, to gray, to black show up. Some with feathered legs and some without. And some with 5 toes and some with 4.
I was going to take a picture of two I have in here and the battery died on my camera. Gotta charge it before I take more pictures.

Back
Top Bottom