Consolidated Kansas

Hello all! Just popping in after not having been on in a long time (So long I decided to update what email I use and my username!) It's been several years, but my mom used to be active on this thread, 22qZoo, and after just getting some new ducklings in the mail today, I decided I would re-introduce myself and say hello! According to my mom's profile, she was last on here 7 years ago! Hope everyone is doing well, and I look forward to hearing everyones adventures with their birds again!

Hello all! Just popping in after not having been on in a long time (So long I decided to update what email I use and my username!) It's been several years, but my mom used to be active on this thread, 22qZoo, and after just getting some new ducklings in the mail today, I decided I would re-introduce myself and say hello! According to my mom's profile, she was last on here 7 years ago! Hope everyone is doing well, and I look forward to hearing everyones adventures with their birds again!
Welcome! What kind of ducklings did you get?

Welcome @fhornjayhawk. Congrats on the ducklings. @lizzyGSR , I found a few eggs. I think the dogs are able to find them faster than I can!!! The broody muscovy is still sitting and her nest keeps getting higher and higher. I think she is adding eggs and then building more nest to accommodate them. Pretty soon she is going to run out of room in her trashcan. The other broody is still sitting but I think she may be sitting on air. I keep finding eggs that she kicked out cause they are rotten. Dumb duck. I had another one start a nest in the hen house so maybe she will finally hatch some. Sure wish I knew how to protect these eggs and get one of these determined girls to hatch goslings for me. I haven't found any broody cayuga yet which is unusual. They almost always hatch a group of ducklings by this time.

@chicken danz - That one broody sure has been sitting for a long time! I feel bad for her if she's sitting on air! Silly bird! I'm glad you've found some eggs. HOpefully, the muscovy will get things figured out and hatch some ducklings/goslings for you!

Yesterday, I was able to candle one of my muscovy eggs to show a friend. The eggs were on day 12 of incubation, and she was able to see a tiny spot (aka duckling) moving in the egg. She thought it was the coolest thing!

Any Topeka people here? My wife and I are getting into chickens this year and we are curious if there were any local mills people are buying feed from rather than TSC or Orsheln? Either way hello from Topeka!

Back
Top Bottom